Aftermath

⚠️TW: r!pe

    Eva's POV

    Anna grabs at the bedsheets to cover up her bare skin. Her face is pale as a ghost. I glance over to see the person next to her... of course. Annagrace fucking McDaniel.

    "You..." I say angrily.

    "Listen. Eva. I told you-"

    "I don't wanna fucking hear it, Shumate! Figure it out. Do you want me? Or not? Cuz you keep kissing me and then running from me. And now looking at this? I don't even think I want you anymore. You're a bitch, man, you really are." I storm out of the room, flipping them both off as I go, and slam the door shut behind me.

    I stand in the hallway, breathing heavily, before Sab comes to my rescue once again.

    "Eva? You know that's not my room, right?"

    "Now I do," I reply, my voice breaking.

    "I heard yelling. What happened?"

    I can't respond. I collapse into her arms, shaking and crying once again.

    "Aw, fuck, Eva, what now?" She brings me into her room but this time doesn't let me lie on the bed. "Stand up. Pull yourself together. Fix your clothes, you're a mess. Now tell me what happened from the beginning."

    "I can't pretend I don't love her, Sab. But then there was Conner and he was a distraction and I took him upstairs and he wanted me so I tried to want him but then he kept going and I didn't want it but he wouldn't stop and I was scared, Sab. And then-"

    "Dude. Okay. Slow down. Conner?"

    "He- yeah. He went farther than I wanted and I kept asking him to stop and he didn't."

    "Fuck. Really?"

    "Yes, I'm not lying."

    "That's not what I meant. But okay, keep going."

    "Okay and then when he was done I got up and went to the bathroom and stuff and then got my phone to text you and I came upstairs and I thought that room was yours and so I pushed the door open and there was Anna. In bed. With Ag."

    "In bed like..."

    "Like that. It was obvious. No clothes on- it was so obvious. I know what I saw." I sniff, and she leaves the room.

    Okay then.

    Anna's POV:

    "You have to go," I tell Ag.

    "Why? She's not your girlfriend. And don't tell me you didn't want that. You wanted that."

    Eva's entrance sobered me up a bit and I realized the gravity of what I've done.

    "I did. But this can't happen. Not right now. I have to figure this all out. I'm sorry, Ag, I really am."
"Dude, I thought we had something going between us."

    "We do. We did. I don't know. Please, I need to figure this out. Okay? I'm sorry."

    She leaves me alone and suddenly I'm cold. I get up, shut my door, and quickly pee and dress myself. Then I realize I don't know what to do next. Can't talk to Eva. Can't talk to Ag. Half my friends are probably passed out drunk somewhere. Maybe Sab's not. She doesn't usually drink too much.

    I step out into the hallway. Chances are she's downstairs but I'll check the rooms first. I look over the banister, scanning down below me once, and I don't see her. So I turn to the right and walk down to her room, knocking on the door.

    "H-hello?" It's a broken, teary-sounding voice, and after a moment I realize it's not Sab. Why is someone else in her room?

    "Hey, are you good?" I say, opening the door, and then freeze when I recognize who it is. We both are completely still, staring at each other. Then she speaks.

    "Get the fuck out."

    "Eva, listen, it wasn't-"

    "Get. Out!" I slowly back away, not letting go of the eye contact until she lunges forward and shuts the door in my face. Okay. That was a mistake. I need Sab.

    I walk downstairs, wobbly on my feet, asking people who walk past me if they've seen her. Basically everyone is wasted by now. There's puke on the floor, people passed out on the couch, loud, maniacal laughter.

    Finally I find her, sitting by Cooper in a nearby room. It takes me a second to realize her hands are bloody and there are bruises forming on her face.

    "The hell happened to you?" I ask. She looks up at me and immediately stands up to face me.
"I thought you were better, man."

    "What?"

    "You've got to be blind to not see how much that girl loves you. And then to take some random girl into your bedroom while she gets fucked by a boy after saying no? You've messed up, Anna. You've messed up bad this time."

    "She got- what happened?"

    Sab looks at me grimly and shows me her bloody fists.

    "Connor happened."

    "You... you beat him up?"

    "Mhm. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go check on my best friend."

    Ouch.

    I hesitantly follow Sab upstairs. Poor Eva- she didn't deserve that. No one does. I'm glad Sab beat up Conner, because if she didn't, I definitely would have.

    I peer through the mostly closed door to see the two of them sitting together on the bed, Sab's arm wrapped tightly around Eva's shoulders. It's then that I realize how much of an impact this is all gonna have. I'm- I'm being pushed away.

    I whisper Eva's name and both their heads shoot up. I'm being stared down by two equally angry glares and my heart is racing but I take a step forward anyways.

    "You come any closer and I'm gonna force you out of here myself," Eva says quietly, but I see the sadness in her gaze and know she won't do anything.
"Listen. I need to apologize. Eva, I'm trying to figure myself out. Relationships are hard for me. I don't want to explain why. But they are, and so that's why I keep backing out of this."

    She interrupts me, the sadness gone, replaced by a coldness that scares me more than any emotion would.

    "I don't want your fucking excuses. Do you realize what you've done? That's my fucking heart you're playing with. I'm not a toy. I have feelings too. And unfortunately I have feelings for a bitch. And you're out there messing around with another girl after kissing me while I'm stuck in a room with Co- him." Eva pauses and Sab squeezes her shoulder, never taking her eyes off me. "I don't know. I thought you were better than this. Turns out you're the worst person I could've chosen."

    I'm stunned. Physically incapable of words.

    Eva's POV:

    I try to convey all of my anger to Anna. I genuinely think she's just an idiot. A fucked up idiot. I can't believe she would do this. And Ag. I knew it. I knew that was coming.

    Anna's staring at me, mouth open, but no words coming out of her mouth. I laugh at her, amazed at how she can be so perfect yet so flawed. The laugh seems to sting more than any of my words and she says,

    "Eva- you're drunk, you don't know what you're saying, that's not true."

    I leap up, getting in her face.

    "I'm drunk? Look at you. At least I had the sense to realize what I was doing was a bad idea. You had a chance with me, Anna, and I could've made you so happy, but you messed up. Get out."

    She doesn't move and so I shove her backwards. Instead of moving out into the hallway, though, she slams into the wall and winces. I don't feel an ounce of regret. Everything that happened tonight was her fault. I grab her arm and wrench her out of Sab's room, ignoring her pleas. I close the door and lock it. Then I slump against the wall, taking a deep breath and finally letting the tears slide down my face.