Waking Up

hehe left you all on a big cliffhanger
here's a pretty long part for ya

    Eva's POV:

    Why would she attempt? I mean, I get that she was upset about everything, but why did she want to do that to herself?

    I spent the entire day sitting outside her room, waiting for news. Good or bad. It's around 11 pm right now. They don't think she took enough to die, but it's still uncertain. I can't lose her. I know so much has happened between us but I can't lose her. It's all stuff we can work out over time, but death? That's irreversible.

    The one person that hasn't come at all is Sab.

    She couldn't bear it knowing she didn't want to check on Anna. Honestly, if I were in her position, I probably wouldn't come either. I almost don't want her here. I know she's stood by me this whole time and I'm so, so grateful for that. But she needs space from Anna. Lots of it.

    "Uh, excuse me, miss?"

    I snap out of my thoughts and see a nurse standing near me. Ugh, takes me back to when I was in the hospital.

    "Yeah. Hi, yeah."

    "Your friend is awake." I leap up, blowing past her but she grabs my arm to hold me back. "Don't bring anything up unless she does. Right now, it's better for her recovery the less she knows."

    "Okay. Okay."

    Her skin is still so pale but she's still beautiful as ever. Her eyes are open, staring at the ceiling. The tubes attached to her skin are in my way of sitting right next to her, so I pull up a chair near her bed.

    "Hey," I say nervously. She slowly turns to look at me.

    Anna's POV:

    There's a girl looking at me with these amazingly pretty eyes and I take in her perfectly sculpted face, these gorgeous eyes, this smile that absolutely lights me up inside.

    "Hey," she says softly.

    "Hi- uh, nice to meet you," I croak. She and I had better become friends. Or more. Her small smile turns into a confused frown and she leans back.

    "Nice to- Anna, it's me."

    "Do I know you?" I don't, I know that, but I ask anyways to be polite. And then I look around me, realizing where I am. "Why the fuck am I here?"

    The girl looks behind her, seeming to panic.

    "Uh, you're recuperating. Anyways, you do know me. It's me. Eva."

    "I don't know an Eva. I'm sorry if I'm supposed to? But I don't know you."

    Eva's POV:

    There's no way. It was just pills, there's no way she forgot me. I want to say more but my emotions are threatening to overcome me and I rush out of the room. Katie's immediately there, asking me what's wrong.

    "She didn't recognize me," I say brokenly.

    "Maybe that's a good thing?" she replies after a pause. "Y'know, it'll give you more time to think on everything that happened."

    "I don't need to think more, Katie, all I've fucking done the last two days is think. I know she fucked up. But I don't want her to die!"

    "I know, I know. Neither do I. She's not gonna die, she's already awake. It'll probably take her some time, but she'll get better. Okay? You gotta trust me on that." She pulls me into a tight hug and then says, "You go back in there. She needs you."