Pretend You're Mine

By goldenpup45

Rhian Ramos. The girl who has it all. Brains, beauty, luxuries... you name it. She is respected by all becaus... More

Author's Note
01 : The Two Rivals
02 : Partners
03 : Childhood Friend
04 : Mistake
05 : Guilt
06 : Change in Attitude
07 : Reconcile
08 : Unfair
09 : Proposal
10 : Will You Be My Girlfriend?
11 : Invitation
12 : Get Together with Friends
13 : Meeting of the Two Groups
14 : Surprises
15 : Unsure
16 : Moving In
17 : Interrogation
18 : Official
19 : Books and Banters
20. Horseback Riding
21 : Mr. Ramos' Tasks
22 : Lunch with the Ventura's
23 : Feelings?
24 : Attention
25 : Wedding Plans
26 : Waffle For Your Thoughts
27 : Opening Up
28 : Glaiza's Birthday
29 : Role Playing Game
30 : Chilling
31 : The Kiss
32 : Thoughts are Swimming
33 : Fiesta Fiasco (Part 1)
34 : Fiesta Fiasco (Part 2)
35 : Already Safe
36 : Confession
37 : Confuse
38 : Misunderstanding
40 : Jealous
41 : Distracting Thoughts
42 : Half Feelings
43 : Sudden Changes
44 : I Love You
45 : Goodbye
46 : Marriage-Free
47 : Acceptance
48 : Tease
49 : Bliss
50 : Lifetime
Author's Note

39 : Spy

377 17 7
By goldenpup45

"Girl, what the hell are you doing?" Chynna asked.

"Ssh! Keep it down, will you?" Glaiza shot her a pointed look, before pressing her ear back on the door, trying to make out conversations of Rhian and Jason.

"How long have you been a creep there?" Chynna says, kneeling down beside Glaiza.

"I don't know, after we had breakfast?" Glaiza answered, her eyebrows twitching as she still heard nothing from the other side.

"Cha, that was 2 hours ago." Chynna commented in disbelief. "What exactly are you trying to eavesdrop?"

"Its Rhian and Jason. They were all giggling and laughing as they went in the room, and then it instantly got silent. I mean, what are they doing there?" Glaiza muttered.

"Why don't you just go in?" Chynna suggested.

"Well then, I won't know Jason's intentions to Rhian secretly, now do I?" Glaiza sarcastically says, before putting her head in different directions on the door to hear something, but still there was none. "I swear, the moment I hear Rhian's scream, I'm busting this door open."

"That's ridiculous. Jason would never do that to Rhian. He's hopelessly in love with her, remember? He basically follows her like a dog." Chynna said as she too, press her side profile on the door.

"Yeah, well, he's still a man. They're not immune to those kind of things." Glaiza frowned. "Plus... I don't trust his face."

"Glaiza, you're crazy. Tell me honestly, did you have coffee and chocolate again? Is that why you're speaking that way? 'Cause you know that drinking and eating too much of it can cause you to talk really random words. Personally, its okay and find it funny but, well the others think-"

"Shoot! Shoot! They're heading here! Quick, quick, act normal! Act normal!" Glaiza ushered before the two stood up and frantically search for something that describes normal.

Glaiza yank Chynna's arm and stood in front of an abstract art hanging from the wall. Just as the door opens, Glaiza pretended to ask Chynna what she thinks the art depicts. The short-haired girl nodded her head to whatever her friend is saying, but her gaze is planted on Rhian throwing back her head in laughter, slapping the guy on the arm and basically didn't acknowledge them. A frown made its way to Glaiza's face as she saw Jason swipe the girl's strand of hair behind her ear, resulting to the two making an eye contact.

"Oh, hell no." Glaiza mumbled before marching up towards them and swinging her arm around Rhian.

"Hey, what are we laughing about?" Glaiza started, making Rhian's body tense before glancing at the rich girl. "Something funny, love?"

She saw how Rhian narrows her eyes in the endearment, before replying, "Uhm, Jason was making a joke."

Huh, she didn't comment on my use of endearment. That would mean, she haven't told him about our broken deal. Wait, but is it a broken deal though? Even if I didn't agreed in ending it... Whatever, I'll still act on my role because... why not? Its fun!

Glaiza nodded, and glance at Jason. "I'll take her away from you now, okay? I promised her that we were gonna watch her favorite K-Drama show together. So if you'll excuse us, we-"

"Actually, can we watch it another time? Jason and I are going to an art exhibit near Jason's house and also coincidently, my favorite local writer is also holding a book signing at the same building." Rhian says, turning down Glaiza's made up excuse.

"Oh, well in that case, let me just change clothes so we can go." Glaiza says and was about to walk to their room, when Rhian speak again.

"But Jason only bought two entrance pass, so... its only gonna be me and him." Rhian says.

"But can't I-"

"Hey, guys! Jason, Rhian, bab- Glaiza." Benajamin greeted, almost slipping his endearment to his girlfriend. "What are we crowding here for?"

"Oh, we were just telling Glaiza that Jason and I are going now. Come on, Jason." Rhian says as she grab Jason's arm and went downstairs.

Benjamin shrug before turning his attention on his girlfriend. "Baby, you wouldn't believe what I just dreamed last night. I was at this top of the hill, right? Then suddenly, I jumped off, and get this, I didn't hit the ground, instead, I float! I was able to maneuver myself around and-"

But Glaiza tuned out his voice and gaze out at the window beside her, which overlooks both the strides of Rhian and Jason. She saw how Jason open the car door for her before the guy went inside the driver's seat. The short-haired girl contemplated for a quick moment.

"... then Bam! I pulled on this amazing karate moves on him and eventually knock him dow-"

Glaiza grab her boyfriend's arm and briskly walk downstairs. "You brought your car with you, right?"

"Uh, yeah..." Ben replied in confusion. "Wait, what are we-"

"Good." Glaiza says before arriving outside where Ben's parked car is, while Jason's car a kilometer away from them. "I want you to follow Jason's car." She fastened her seatbelt and wait for Ben to start the engine.

"What? Why? Is there something wrong? Where exactly are they going? Are they acting suspicious? Do they-"

"Just drive okay! I'll explain later. Now hurry up, before we lose them!" Glaiza ushered.

Benjamin complied and the car roared to life before they drove off. They immediately catch up, a couple of meters behind Jason's car. Having a steady drive, Benjamin decided to ask what this is all about.

"I want to know if Jason would pull any funny business to Rhian." Glaiza says.

"Glaiza, its Jason. That guy likes Rhian too much, to impose harm on her. I'm sure hurting her would be the last thing he would do." Benjamin reassured.

"I just want to make sure. I'm having a bad feeling about it." Glaiza replies, clenching her jeans, as they appear to be now 2 cars behind Jason's. "Can you squeeze in closer? We're losing them."

Benjamin nodded and 20 minutes later, they found Jason's car parked just across a building, which he assumed is where the two are. Before he could marvel at the exterior of the building, he heard the frantic unbuckling of the seatbelt and the door opening then closing. He sighed as he follow his girlfriend inside.

Seeing the two inside an open wide room, Glaiza brisk walk towards there, only to have a bulky arm prevent her. She look up to see a 6-foot huge man in a black suit looking down at her with his equally huge arms crossed between his chest.

"Entrance pass." The guy says in a deep voice.

Glaiza's eyebrows shot up in realization. "Oh, I'm sorry, I don't have a pass. But please let me in, there's a friend of mine there I want to check up on."

"I'm sorry maam, no entrance pass, no entry. That's the protocol." The guy shook his head, while trying to restrain back Glaiza who kept on pushing to get in.

"I promise it will be quick. Look, I don't trust the guy my friend is with and I need to know what he's doing. If you're in my position right now, I'm sure you'd do the same thing for someone who you deeply care for. Now, if you could just please let me-"

"Glaiza, baby, lets just wait for them when they're done. Come on, there's people staring." Benjamin whispered, also to prevent his girfriend from angering the bulky man, who has now his eyebrows creased and nose flared.

True enough, Glaiza saw some people inside the room giving her a look and whispering what she could only assume is about the commotion. So with a huff, she walk back and the two of them sat at the near bench.

Benjamin tried to engage in a conversation with her, but after receving only short responses, he just let her be. He watch as she tried craning her neck at the room, watch as she stood up and pace herself back and forth, watch her tap her foot numerously, and watch her lean at the railing with crossed arms and eyebrows creased. He even suggessted that they go grab an ice cream or a milkshake in an attempt to ease her, but Glaiza declined.

She's restless, and not the kind that she's excited about something.

That's a first.

Although he find it strange, Benjamin didn't comment about his girlfriend's actions. After an hour, which for Glaiza felt like forever, Rhian and Jason finally emerged outside. Glaiza made sure that they were 3 feet away as they follow them. A scowl adorned her face as she watch the two happily conversing while walking very close to each other. Glaiza badly want to just squeeze in between them and push Jason off, but she held herself back, not wanting to ruin her spying moment at the two.

Entering a restaurant, Glaiza and Benjamin sat at a booth one table away from the two. The short-haired girl clench her jaw as she saw Jason sitting side by side with Rhian, instead of across from the rich girl.

"Baby, what would you like to order?" Benjamin asked, skimming through the menu.

"Any would do, pick whatever you want." Glaiza replied distractingly, her gaze still fixed on the two.

Benjamin reluctantly nodded, before waving for a waiter and ordering for themselves. When their food arrived, Glaiza just nodded her head to Benjamin's stories, her look going back and forth to her food and to Rhian and Jason. With every laugh and smile from the rich girl, Glaiza grip the dining utensils harder.

Oh, what I would give to just fucking sew Jason's mouth close.

Seriously. Stop. Making. Her. Laugh.

What could he possibly told her, to get Rhian to laugh like that? Whatever it is, can he please stop it?!

"... Baby.... Glaiza." Glaiza's gaze shot instantly at her boyfriend when he called for her name.

"Sorry, where were we again? Oh wait, its about your pet hamster dying, right? Yeah, no, I'm sorry for your loss." Glaiza says, to which Benjamin internally sighs.

I knew it. She really wasn't paying attention to me.

"Nevermind about that..." He cleared his throat, and with a whisper, he says, "How's Rhian and Jason back there?"

Benjamin's back was facing the two while Glaiza, has a clear view of them. It was both a blessing and a curse of a sight for the short-haired girl.

Looking back at the two, Glaiza's frown went back. "Well, they're still cheerfully talking. Rhian's been shaking in laughter while this Jason guy kept their conversation going. Its annoying really."

"We can leave if you want. I mean we shouldn't be doing this in the first place and-"

"Jason?! Really?! Out of all the people she could hang out with alone, it has to be him?!" Glaiza whispered-shouted. "Yeah, I get that she has this confusing plan on getting closer to him, but not this way! Can't they just hang out at home?! Or better yet not at all?! I mean I'm here, she should be hanging out with me! I'm her girlfriend, for god's sake! And she said, he has a sense of humor? Oh please, I got way more better funny jokes and stories more than him. He can't possibly be a better company than me."

Benjamin, surprise at this side of Glaiza, was rendered speechless. He was shocked at this jealous side of hers, first time seeing and hearing her like this.

"Sounds to me, you're jealous." Benjamin squinted his eyes.

Glaiza scoffed and gave a humourlessly laugh. "Me? Jealous? Of course not! Its just that its contradicting, the person Rhian's supposed to avoid and doesn't want to get tied to, is also the person she's trying to get close to, because according to her, it would turn the tables... Besides, she should've invited me with them, I could handle an hour outside the art exhibit. Or better yet, she should've invited me as a replacment of Jason. I would've take her somewhere nice, to eat something she have never tasted before. I mean, with this type of restaurant, she obviously been here before. Tsk, how lame is this guy."

Benjamin bit his tongue to prevent from blurting out that, with her tone and words like that, it was obvious that she's jealous. But, he just nodded at her.

After lunch, Benjamin and Glaiza kept following them towards what Glaiza could assume is where the book signing is being held. They sat at the very back while the couple sat at the front as they listen to this writer talk about his newly published books. Not only is it about the summary of the trilogy book, his voice was soft and talked very slow, which Glaiza could not hold herself back and drifted to sleep, her head resting at her boyfriend's shoulder.

She only jolted upwards when she heard loud clapping of hands, only realizing that she had dozed off and that people are lining up for the actual book signing. With no intention of doing that, Glaiza stand at the very side and watch the interaction between the writer and a beaming Rhian. When the two step outside, Glaiza and Benjamin followed in pursuit. The short-haired girl's gaze is still planted on the two as she watch Jason smiling fondly at Glaiza's girlfriend, while Rhian giddily and excitedly talk what Glaiza could only assume was her interaction with the local writer.

The short-haired girl's mood couldn't be more sour at the sight. Benjamin saw his girlfriend clenching her fists and glaring daggers at the two. He pushed down the uneasy feeling of having an inkling as to why Glaiza's jealous(even though she won't admit it).

Following them until they were back at the house, Glaiza sat at the couch and folded her arms in frustration as she watched Rhian and Jason kept talking by the dining area with some of their friends and the fact that Rhian didn't even bother to glance at her. Because of her irritation, Glaiza wasn't in the mood to kiss her boyfriend goodbye, and instead only gave him a nod before the guy gloomily headed out.

She don't know why she's feeling like this. It was shallow and stupid. Its not like Rhian needs to be by her side 24/7 and her attention solely on her. Although Glaiza would without a doubt love that, Rhian has her own social life. Besides, she didn't even felt like this before with Rhian. So why does she suddenly feel angry at the rich girl hanging out with Jason? She really have no clue.

One thing she's sure of though, its not what Benjamin mentioned earlier. Its definitely not jealousy she's feeling.

Right?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

181K 7.7K 88
It's the first day of Chaeyoung's junior year of high school after a summer spent away at softball camp. By a chance encounter she gets talking to Li...
2.5M 93.6K 32
Dawn, a girl in her early twenties living in a poor neighborhood with her sick mother and teenage brother. Her father has abandoned them for a rich w...
1.9M 57.6K 37
Ginger Vera, a fifteen year old typical 2nd year high-school who works as a part timer in a pastry shop. She has to work in order to continue her st...
68K 2.8K 21
What if one day you found yourself being invisible? What will you do? Is there anyone who can help you? Who? ** This is a story of an celebrity who...