The Marriage Decree

By blueberry_munchkin

'Hazel?' Harry's voice pulled me from my thoughts 'It's going to be okay.' I wanted to believe him, I truly d... More

The train
Out of all things you flirt with death?
the american pain in the ass
Sibling Football of sorts.
English Sassanech
Bleary eyes and cracked knuckles
Freyja help me
Blue eyes and tanned skin
Saturday morning coffee.
Bite me
midnight
Holiday break
December 20th
Nettle tea lofty smiles
Bloody hell
Gentle whispers
Dying light
The State of lobstah and buttah
Christmas Eve disaster
The hobbit
Small victories
In this life time or the next
Dirty nappies and secret keeper
Angry outbursts
Frigg have mercy on your soul
I'm going to imagine not seeing that

Code words and black marks

17 0 0
By blueberry_munchkin

'I'm never doing that again.' Ian grumbles, dropping the last shopping bag on the floor with a scowl directed towards little ol' me as I innocently flashed him a large grin tucking my hair behind my ear 'I told you I wanted to get in and out of the shops as fast as we could without getting caught using magic by muggles or other Wizards and Witches alike, it's not my fault we had to blend in with the muggles and use a few of the shopping bags.' Damon snorts in amusement, his blue eyes rolled as he sets the bags down with a huff.

'Pretty sure she just wanted you to suffer and die my dude.' rolling my eyes I toss an apple from the counter at him, Damon catches it easily and takes a bite smirking as I flipped him off in retaliation 'Make yourself useful and help us put this away, I have to sort through a few things before handing off the lot Fam, don't expect me to be much of help with the household duties, I've got another dark dumb ass to show if you fuck around you're gonna find out.' Malfoy steps into the kitchen with a sleeping babe in his arms wearing a set of jammies adorned with sleeping bears with a cluster of his white blond hair clutched in his tiny fist That oughta hurt, the child has the grip of a Hawk and I know his nails are sharper than talons. 'He just fell asleep for my mum during his bath, I was told he had a blowout on your father they've had a lovely bonding time while Claire and Molly started meal prepping I think it was? Whatever that means, anywho I was told to tell you that the bloody fridges are all stocked full of soups and whatever they could make from the crops in your garden and that the few surviving house elves from Hogwarts have made themselves useful by gathering every herb useful from different Aprothacaries and that Severus had been making multiple potions in large quantities for months now, mother would also like to mention both our elves are alive and well, and they've made sure both manors belonging to mother have been wiped clean of our salves and potions, everything we have is here in the boarding house and Fissy has made it her mission to partake in caring for Ian.'

I grinned at my sleeping boy with pride before I look at malfoy, a small frown on his lips made me wonder 'Go Moony, I'm proud of you little one, but if it wasn't your mums or your house elf that your mum had to burry who's was it?' Malfoy looks uncomfortable for a moment before he clears his throat 'Yours actually, fissy had a child and wanted you to take it as a little friend for the baby, someone to help you with him.' I frowned, adjusting wee Ian against my chest after grabbing him 'I didn't know she was pregnant or had a baby, I'm sorry love.' He shrugs it off with a wave of his hand as Da grunts out a short apology about the house elf as well and sips from his cup, knowingly he's drinking something a bit stronger than coffee, but weaker than the rum and gin he's been consuming as well as my wine.

'He's a Fraser alright, bloody smells like one each time he rips ass, I don't know what you've been feeding him but christ child he smells worse than Angus after a night of drinking in the stables.' I chuckled against Ian's cheek as I pressed a kiss against it 'He does it because he loves you, why else would he soil his diaper on you for shits and giggles you suppose?' Da shakes his head at my cheeky comment and finished his glass  'I'm presuming you bought meats, though I should mention Stephen and I went hunting earlier and managed to grab seven deer, some turkeys, and tons of wild rabbit.' Malfoy nods his head and runs a hand through his hair as my cousin grabs his smaller namesake from my arms.

'I learned how to field-dress a buck, doe, and rabbits today, can't say I enjoyed it very much.' I rose a brow before shaking off my original comment muttering 'I bet that went well.' Da snickers behind his raised glass 'He almost fainted plucking the feathers out of the birds.' I grinned unloading the bag charmed with multiple weightless and extendable incantations 'I hope you paid for all this.' Malfoy grunts catching one of the large packs of Bacon mid air before Ian hands him the receipt as he tosses the breakfast meat on the counter and begins to gather the large assortment of meat and puts it away in a separate deep freezer next to the laundry room 'She did, but what the devil are coup-ons, Fraser?' Malfoy asks pocketing the receipts 'Coupons,' I correct him off handedly as older Ian swoops in taking my son from my arms 'None the less they are complete lifesavers in the muggle society, though a lot of people don't use them I believe they should, it saves you so much money, especially on nappies and baby things.' Ian snuggles up against his older cousin's neck and gives a big yawn stretching his little arm above his head and punches our dear cousin in the chin.

'Da, can you please bring the clothes up to the top floor, they'll be evenly separated to each child who couldn't gather any belongings at the school by the prefects.' pressing a kiss against the side of his head I pull away rubbing my chin with a scowl 'And please get some beard oil, Da it's prickly like a cactus.' Cousin Ian chuckles gently rocking baby Ian as he coo's and yawns 'I still got to see the Seer by the way, It was a rather odd experience while flying the van home but I'll explain that tidbit later on during the meeting, for now I'm going to check in on the students and personally give them a few things, I know this is the last thing they wanted to go through again, big Ian?' He rose a brow but still continues to coo at wee Ian in his arms.

'Will you keep wee Ian for a bit? I'm sorry if it seems like I'm forcing this on everyone I'd take him with me to see the other students but he's far too tiny to be around so many people-,' Ian chuckles raising his hand to stop me 'I know what yer doin' cousin, it's alright, beside's I get to tease auntie Claire about having two of me around, it's no trouble at all but best be expecting me to hand him off to yer granny if he so much as thinks of soiling himself on me.' I snicker and race out of the room as wee Ian begins to grunt and grumble in his name sake's arms 'Hazel Alexandria you heathen!' Da loudly cackles 'God speed Big Ian! He is a stinky little fellow as you know!' I cackled much like my father as I haul ass up the stairs taking them two at a time until I land on the second floor, clearing my throat and take a deep breath I paused, clearing my head for a second I watch the photographs on the walls while walking down the hall before I knocked on the first 'Dorm room.' The door opened up quickly by a sixth Year Slytherin, she warily steps aside to let me come in and wordlessly sits on the bed closest to the door 'Erm,' I looked around the room three Slytherins, two Hufflepuff's and a first year Gryffindor 'I'm doing some rounds to come and check on everyone, I don't want you to think you'll be alone during this or that you'll be kept prisoner or alienated because of the second wizarding war and because of who your parents are.' I pointedly look at the three Slytherins and felt my chest ache watching one of them dry the stream of tears running down their cheeks 'But what I can tell you is that within these walls you are safe you are loved and you are going to be okay, I have some things for you, granted its muggle but it still does the trick.' I tap my beaded bag with my wand.

Six individual boxes spring out of the bag and float in front of each student before they begin to fill with different sweets, face masks, lotions, scrunchies, a candle, a journal, a small stuffed animal, and a bracelet with three very useful protection runes engraved on each of them along with a pair of jammies and slippers 'If you feel as though your mental health is declining because of what's happening I'll be right here, I promise, I can also promise that my own Granny and grandda give the best hugs, that's my own personal opinion, but those are also freely given without question, just hug the plump lady and the fat man with a beard, tell them hazel said you could.' the Hufflepuff's mumbled a thank you and the Slytherin's stonily nodded unsure of how to respond as my fellow Gryffindor climbs off her bed and hugs me tight 'I'm serious. The debt of thy parent does not fall onto the shoulders of thy children in my household.' I retaliated lightly.

'It's close to dinner time isn't it?' I mutter checking my pocket watch giving the first year wrapped around me a tight squeeze 'I believe your big sister and big brother are in the rooms right across from you if you need them and you'll all have direct access to the kitchen like everyone else, will any of you need an extra blanket? Actually never mind.' I tap my beaded bag once more before six fuzzy blankets shoot out of it and wrap around the students 'You can trade them of course, but a cozy blanket always helps.' I step out of the room with a small smile and continue to repeat the process several times over.

Finally dragging myself away from the 'Dorm Rooms.' I busy myself in the large kitchen by giving myself tasks, first by organizing the large pantry and cabinets then by doing the many dishes both by hand and with magic even though I knew they were already clean then I began viciously scrubbing down the sink, counters and stove by hand before sweeping and mopping the floors 'I've never seen someone look so at ease scrubbing the hell out of the kitchen or make it look almost therapeutic before.' Pansy says from the doorway with two first-years from Gryffindor standing next to her giving a weak chuckle I removed the rubber cleaning gloves from my hands and set them on the counter with a haggard sigh.

I gave a small nod tucking my hair behind my ear  'It is, I'll deep clean the nastiest of houses any given day, as long as I can have a fat nap after.' the Pureblood witch cocks a slender brow before pointing at the two boys next to her 'Typical muggle born response, anyways these two came out and about to search for food and found me instead so help them out Fraser, oh by the way Dumbledork's Army is meeting in about two hours.' cocking a brow I cross my arms glancing at the two boys 'Avery, Percy can you go ask the other students if they'd also like something to eat please?' the two race off without a second thought 'I don't suppose you've ever learned how to work a hob even with learning how to be a housewife yes?' Pansy wrinkled her nose 'Gods no, we have house elves for that, I was taught to look pretty and to pop out an heir as quickly as possible.' snorting I shook my head 'Typical.' She sniffs in agreement.

'Well.' I clap my hands 'Today's the day you're going to learn how to make tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches by scratch princess.' with a flick of my wand the ingredients were set out on the island 'Come on Pans, this is easy and I promise the quicker you learn how to make it the quicker it is to shut Ron up when he's sick.' Pansy jumps into action and washes her hands after I do, 'Are you serious? Feeding him keeps him content?' I chuckled nodding my head 'Yes actually, I would always make soup at least twice a week when Hermione and I stayed at the Burrow just so poor Molly had a break.'

I muttered washing the tomatoes and other veg and herb 'Everyone's hungry Hazel, what are you making?' I hummed prepping the pans 'Tomato soup and grilled cheese, a few other things as well.' I responded showing her how to cut the butt and top of the tomato before tossing them into a few large pans with some onions and four large cloves of garlic with a little oil 'Let this simmer after the tomatoes become a bit soggy.' she hums as I cover the large pans and begin slicing four different types of bread up for the many grilled cheeses we were about to make.

'Also I was told to warn you that Ron Weasley is here and can smell food cooking.' Avery says from the door way 'Perfect.' I hummed tripling the batch of tomato soup 'I'm not sure what's cooking but hurry up you two I'm hungry.' Pansy snickers as we hear the floo roar to life a second time from the other room 'Smell's bloody delicious I'll say.' I roll my eyes chopping up some cheddar and provolone cheese 'Ten galleons Ron pops in the kitche-.' Ron pops In the kitchen before I could finish speaking 'I hate you, Fraser.' I burst into laughter causing Ron to scowl 'S'not funny Hazel.' Pansy hands me the ten Galleons and begins mashing the tomatoes as I show her how to 'I'm helping Pansy make Tomato soup by scratch while I prep the grilled sammies.' Harry and Malfoy step into the kitchen soon after with Snape and Moony.

'I was told this is where we're going to have the meeting.' Snape drawls stepping out of the way so more people apart of the order and dumbledores army could slip through 'Uh, I was told the meeting was in two hours by Pans, who told every-DAMON.' an arm slings around my shoulder a moment later 'Did you seriously gather the order and the army knowing Pansy and I have to feed a fucking school right now?' I venomously whispered as more people gather into the large kitchen 'They're humans, they need to eat too.' he beams and ruffles my hair 'So feed them and the children then have your meeting.' slapping his hand away I glowered up at him 'Dude, we're not even half way done with making the soup and I still have a few pounds of cheese to slice, a boat load of bread to butter, you're impossible.' I grumbled with a swish of my wand, he winks as large platters with hundred of grilled cheese' and large soup bowls  filled to the brim appear on the two large tables in the main dining hall with an assortment of different drinks and several types of salad clearing my throat I press the tip of my wand against the side of my neck 'You guys can come down now, dinner's done! you're all free to roam the boarding house as well after dinner.' Damon frowns 'You didn't need to rush and use your tooth pick, I just figured it's easier to have your meeting while you cooked so you didn't murder anyone.' I slapped him with my wooden spoon as students stumbled down the stairs dressed in their uniforms for dinner, soon the large dining hall is filled with hungry students and adults alike sitting side by side as they share a simple muggle meal.

'Out with it now Kingsley.' Severus growls from next to the hearth filled with purple flames licking against the iron cage  'I'm trying!' Shacklebolt bellows tossing a familiar piece of parchment onto the coffee table in front of us 'I've gotten hundreds of these! Every day from different families that have been affected by the war! they all say the same thing.' Malfoy's thumb rubs against my knee stilling my shaking leg as I'm once again ignored 'We've gone over every possibility of who it could be.' Snape snapped back and points a slender finger in my face as I go to stand causing me to slap it away in offence, snape glares at me and points at my face again 'She of all people has told you every possible outcome of how this could have happened! why is it the only people who believed a damn thing she said was everyone but you and the ministry Kingsley?' I swat his hand out of my face and walk passed him, grabbing a bottle of port 'This is clearly going nowhere, has anyone bothered to dig up the grave? No, why not you ask? Because a child suggested it that's why if you ask me, but oh no guy, leave it to us to fight your fucking war but sweet baby Jesus you refuse to take action against another one, you all give me a migraine, I fucking hate it here.' Snape scoffs crossing his arms as I collect a joint from behind my ear and light it after uncorking the old bottle 'Is the baby in here?' Lizzie asks from the back of the room 'No, he's with his Nana Claire.' Big Ian says stepping into the meeting 'If you don't have her grave dug up I'll do it myself, I've got no shame, Kingsley, say the word and I'll grab my shovel.' I admit with a cloud of smoke 'You're under the influence half the time as of lately, I highly doubt you'd disagree with much of anything.' Snape sneers as his lip curls watching me take a hit 'I'd be surprised if you could even make a dent with your shovel.' narrowing my eyes I take a few more hits and exhale a large cloud in his face 'Hilarious, guess who was under the influence when I made that anti venom potion that saved your ungrateful ass, guess who was under the influence when I saved the majority of the children that could of died during the war, guess who was under the-,' 'Enough you two, we've been at this for an hour and nothing has come out of this, Hazel I'm not discrediting the fact that you, along side Harry, Ronald and your sister first handedly saved the Wizarding world-,' 'Kingsley with all disrespect I don't give a shit. I gave you multiple reasons, multiple outcomes-,'

I flick the ashes in my hand and wipe it on my leg as I exhale crossing my ankles I run a hand through my hair taking another large hit 'I've told you numerous times to check her bloody grave yet you haven't, yes I witnessed Molly cast that curse when the hag went after Ginny and Mione but the look in that monsters eyes Kingsley, I'm fucking telling you! Tom taught her how to make a Horcru-,' Da slaps a hand over my mouth and shakes his head raising his finger to his lips 'I don't want to hear that word out of your mouth Alexandria.' I lick his palm and he removes his hand wiping it on my shoulder 'Very mature.' He quips with disproval, shrugging I take another hit and exhale away from my father 'The look in her eyes told me she would be back, I've watched enough Criminal minds and CSI to know what the devil is happening not to mention the Seer I went to see tonight stated she would come back when we least expected it, so yes Kingsley it has to be her.' Lizzie steps around Molly and Arthur and made her way to where I was standing 'You also crushed hardcore on Spence so it was basically on every single day.' I pulled out the 'I fucking told you so.' Look and take the few remaining hits, exhaling I sigh conjuring a water bottle.

'I know you refuse to believe me, but I trust the gods, I trust my gods and their eyes. That seer is directly in contact with Odin himself, trust me and check her grave.'  taking a few sips I flick the roach into the fire 'I'm sure you do know what you're talking about Hazel, but we've checked her grave, it hasn't been tamper-,' a rumble emits from the hearth before a black letter emerges from it and rips itself open like a howler 'Did you miss me, dearies?' Her sharp voice cackles maniacally 'No? oh dear, that's not going to work now is it?' she maniacally giggles again 'No matter, I'll find where that little Mudblood Bitch is hiding with her sister dear Minister, and once I do I'll kill that filthy little Mudblood and the Fraser girl will bring the dark lord back by force!' Bellatrix' cackle cut short as I immediately set the black parchment on fire  looking at Kingsely the entire time 'I hate to be the bastard to say I told you so, but I fucking told you so.' I barely managed above a whisper as violent shakes took over my body.

'If she got through to us by a letter then I think it's safe to say we need to move the children and gather the remaining members of the order and dumbledores army .' 'Hazel will-,' 'Nope!, Nope, nope! that's a big bag of nopes!' I squeaked shaking my head patting my back pocket for my vuse and another joint I quickly hit my vuse a few times I let out a shuddered breath shaking off Lizzie's hand as she rubs my back and lit the second joint immediately 'I'm going to smoke another joint after this, then I'm going to go back to Lollybroch and snuggle my son. the Meeting is over until you want to listen to us Minister, the cave you apparated in is the same cave you leave from I will not be fighting your war. But I will do what ever it takes to keep each person living in this boarding house and at Lollybroch safe.' Molly met my gaze and gave me a weak smile but the dissatisfaction was clear 'We will continue to plan and schedule another meeting, until then the Ministry can kick bricks, it's all you know how to do until you want to snatch the credit owed to those who actually got off their arses and fought for their lives.'

Da covers a chuckle with a cough and tries to act serious as Kingsley gathers his cloak and wand off the table 'I see.' with a curt goodbye the Minister leaves my office 'I think someone's cranky.' Damon chides from the desk before I could control my actions I grabbed the snow globe off the hearth and pelted it at him, missing his head by mere inches it shatters against the wall behind him rendering everyone speechless 'Now is not the time for smart remarks Damon, the lot of us currently have a shit show we need to sort the fuck out so please do me a favour and get rid of the bodies in the basement or so help me you'll be the next corpse thrown down there!' He vanished instantly 'I'm sorry, cor-corpses?' Susan Bones squeaks shifting in her seat 'Yes, fifty so far.' I mutter rubbing my forehead tiredly.

'You should be sleeping.' Arthur Weasely softly admonished, I look over my shoulder giving a soft smile as I dried the last bit of dishes with a kitchen towel draped over my shoulder 'I didn't mean to wake you, wee Ian just fell asleep not too long ago.' the clock on the stovetop read three am 'You're okay dear I've been awake for a bit, fatherly instinct you know.' I chuckled softly sending the dishes off with a flick of my wand and grabbed a bottle of bar keepers friend scrub from under the sink, squirting a decent amount around the inside of the sink I grabbed a scrub daddy from my cleaning hoard and scrubbed the sink and counters down as Arthur shuffles about around me 'I worry about you kids often you know.' he admits after a few moments of silence 'I know you do Arthur, both you and Molly became a second set of parents for Mione and I, we appreciate you both, as does your own children, Ginny absolutely adores you.'

Sighing he flashes a humble but sad smile and takes a seat at the kitchen island, peering down at wee Ian in the Moses basket as he mules over his thoughts 'I'd give anything to make sure you kids didn't have to suffer the way you have it's terrible.' Closing my eyes I take a deep breath and release it, 'It's not your fault Mr. Weasley, were all apart of this as unfortunate as it is.' He thinks over my response as I silently wash off the sink and counters before wiping them down 'Yes I suppose you're correct.' He watches as I set a kettle on the stove and gives me a fatherly smile 'It's almost February, two weeks,' he comments as I flip the hob on 'Yes I know, malfoy and I are supposed to be planning our wedding for the first, dunno if it'll happen then, possibly sooner if I give in to his anxiety.'

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

373K 8.4K 40
From the good to the bad, everyone's favorite Slytherin princess, Rowan Bailey; seems like princess, isn't so innocent after all. + A book that takes...
1.4K 42 17
LUMOS ✯ 「EVEN THOUGH THE FUTURE SEEMS FAR AWAY, IT IS ACTUALLY STARTING RIGHT NOW」 ✯ "EVERYBODY WANTS TO BE A DIAMOND, BUT VERY FEW ARE WILLING TO GE...
9.6K 179 12
"Cassiopeia Lynx Weasley. I thought you were dead seeing as you were born premature. But you are a (?????????) and best friend of (?????) . So I won'...
570K 11.5K 63
"I want you, Laurel. Can I have you? Can I fuck you?" He growled. I was speechless. I slowly nodded against his forehead. "I need to hear you say it...