His angel and their princess...

By madeleineN_03

Athena has been living in danger her entire life and it has been like nothing could touch her, but when she f... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
second book and a sneak peek

8

3K 103 7
By madeleineN_03

--<3--

Athena stood in front of the crowd of girls ignoring the bikers. She had asked them to decided what they wanted just a second before. Everyone was waiting for them to either say they were in or if they felt finished. A few girls looked at each other, before stepping forward and up to Swedish girl and stood behind Athena. She gave them a tiny smile assuring them that she would take care of them. Only several more girls did the same while the other stayed together with the two girls who didn't fancy running.

"Well, then it was settled. Let us proceed with the training shell we?" Athena asked the few girls, and they noded. So, there it began, the training Athena had with the group of perhaps fifteen girls while twenty refuse. Jax looked disappointed at the girls who didn't want to practice but didn't say anything. While Athena marched away with the girls, all the bikes moved along, starting with the work they had to do for the time.

Several hours later, Athena were laying relaxed on her bed, recently showered and with her Russian book in hand now. She had put on the single hoddie she had from home, her damp hair was in a bun, and the sheet was up to her abdomen as she had her back upon the wall and the night lamp lited. The story had captivate her, Athena was eager to continue the story as she turned page again. But a knock disturbed her harmony, and she was motivated to ignore it. She had come to the best point after all.

"It's me, Jax. I know you are inside," Jax told her. Athena sights and placed the book down next to her. With irritating steps Athena walked over to the door and unlock it to see what he wants. after opening the door completely, she could see the blond-haired guy with the beard glance down at her.

"I wanted to say, good job today," He stated while fiddling nervous were he stood. The perfect eyebrows that Athena had raised in surprise. She was waiting for the request she was sure would come after. Probably something about her educate the other girls anyway, but nothing came.

"Thanks," She returned, not understanding why he would appear to say that when he had blackmailed her into doing it, plus the fact that she had lost more than half of the girls already.

"I think we hit it off on the wrong foot Athena, I don't want you to feel like a prisoner, but I need someone who can train them. I find you pretty good at what you were doing," He told her, looking down at her and suddenly notice her bare thighs, a mischievous smirk placed on his face, but he didn't act on it. She knew he was affected to make a sexual comment to her so she rolled her blue eyes behind the glasses.

"More than half of the girls dropped out. I wouldn't say that this was good work," She responded, and he sighs and put a hand behind his neck.

"The others will come around. I have already heard a few of them thinking about coming to your training tomorrow, and I wanted to say thank you for the way you talked about me to them... You made me look like the good leader even if I treated you like crap yesterday," Jax said and put his hand out for her to shake.

"Let's start from the beginning. I am Jax but often called Zeus," He tells her with his famous smirk. She rolls her eyes but takes his hand in a firm grip.

"I am Athena, just called Athena by most people," she responded and gave him a little nod and a smile. They let go of each other's hands, standing in silence for a few seconds. The air was full of something unknown to both of them, agreement to the other.

"You are welcome to join the party when you feel like it," He says while backing away. Athena nods and mumble an answer before turns around to close the door. When she had, she stood with her hand on the doorknob for a few seconds, thinking about what he just said.

Maybe, Athena thought, she can learn to tolerate him as she stays here. Turning around and walk over to her window to look over the sea. She sights and spun around to her belongings on the desk. I need to find a way to get money. I can see if I still have work on the diner, but the restaurant is so far away from her, and it will take too long to walk back and forth. Maybe I can find a cafe near. She thought for herself, she needs to get a map. determined to get a map somewhere, she put on her shoes and walked out of her room and walked with quick moves down the stairs, making herself ready to leave by putting on a jacket she snatches on the way out from her room.

"You going somewhere?" A guy voice asked, turning around to see a guy with long blond hair flowing down his shoulder and a beard. His gray eyes looked over at her with an interested gaze.

"I need to get out. I am looking for a map so I can get a job somewhere..."She said, continuing to walk over to the door.

"Why not look at it on your phone?" He asked, leaning against the doorway from the kitchen. Athena sight and looked over at him. She doesn't want to tell him that she doesn't have a phone, so Athena came up with the best thing she can.

"Shouldn't you be partying with the other bikers?" She asked, looking at him with a meaningful look, but she saw the moment he understood the truth, and she swallowed hard, waiting for the judgmental comment.

"You don't have a phone, do you?" He pointed out, and she sights looking away from him. Almost everyone today has a phone, so she understands why he would think that she was weird.

"No," She answered and, take some steps to the door, not want to explain it. She could hear the man behind her move.

"You can find maps by the gas station down the road to the right. Just go on, and you will find it," the biker said. Athena, looked over her shoulder with a small smile. He was on his way to open the door to the bar. Looking over at her to give one last smile, he disappeared through the door and into the music. Athena went out and saw that she had around an hour before it would be dark, so she walked fast, limiting the time walking to the time she had lights. Starting to make her way down the road, she saw bikers and sirens looking over at her as they walked probably to the bar to join the party. It took longer than Athena thought to get to the gas station, and when she finally arrived, she looked up the nearest map. She took the one with the most information on it and went to pay it with the last money she had on herself.

Satisfied, she walks out of the gas station, over to a bench with a table in front of it. Athena open the map up and spread it over the table, trying to locate where she was at the moment. Thanking school in Sweden for teaching her how to read it, she found the gas station after a few moments. She took up the notebook and a pen from her jacket and wrote down stores and other places nearby where she could work. Taking a few more minutes to search for jobs, she realizes she needed to make her way home, or she will need to find her way in the dark. Putting the map in her jacket, she started to walk her way back. At night came faster than she thought, and it didn't take much time until it was completely dark. Sighting and huffing while walking on the sideroad, hoping she doesn't miss the way into the mc.

From the distent, she could hear a motorbike drive. Athena took it as a sign that she was, at least closing upon where she needed to turn to the side road. She saw a light come closer to her, thinking it probably just was the other car. Athena tried to outline the way while she had some light to see where she needed to go. When the light slowed down and stopped in front of her, she looked over at it to see who drove it and if she needed to hurt someone today. Surprised to see Gunner look at her with panic in his eyes, she didn't understand why he would be out here with panic in his eyes.

"What happened? Is one of the dogs hurt or run away?" Athena asked, getting a bit worried because he didn't say anything. Gunner just looked at her for a few seconds.

"What were you thinking with?" He says, suddenly a bit irritated. Athena draws back a bit, not liking how he just spoke to her. He sights and dragged a hand over his face.

"I didn't mean it like that, I heard Ryker talk about a phone, and then he told us that you went out to get a map in the dark. I just got scared that something happened to you... Considering what has happened to women around here," He sight and looked at her, sorry for his use of tone. She looked at him and saw that he was sincere. She took a step forward, placing a hand on the bike still alive.

"Gunner, you have seen me fight. I can protect myself," Athena told him with a small smile. She liked that he cared about her, and worries that something would happen to her even if he doesn't know her. Another voice inside her head told her to keep her distance. Best to not create a relationship with anyone, considering her past. Athena knows she can't trust anyone right now.

"I know, I just couldn't risk anything," He said, he moved forward on the bike and looked up at Athena.

" Get on, and I will drive us back," He said. Considering it a few seconds, Athena did what he requested. Sitting down at the black leather and putting her arms around Gunner's waist made butterflies create in her stomach. She felt like a teen again. Trying to press down the thought and feelings, she focuses forward.

It didn't take long to get back on the bike. The bike was roaring as Gunner drove them to the entrance of the main house. Many bikers and sirens looked over at them when they parked. Letting go of Gunner and getting off the bike, she straightens her back and stretches out. Gunner turned to look at her as she did so, biting his underlip loosely as he saw her body move around a bit. When he saw her, he thought about a cat stretching out before attacking its prey. Sexy.

"I was planning on taking a night walk with the dogs. Feel free to join me," Gunner announced while standing up, looking down at the beauty in front of him. She looked up at him, trying to form the word no, but something in her stopped her. What harm can a walk do, Athena thought and nodded with a small smile.

"Sounds good," She told him. Gunner smiled, pleased with her answer taking a few long strides to the door before turning to look at the woman waiting for him in the light of a yellow house light. The night was chilly, and the place smelt of the sea as the bikers partied as always.

"I will be back in a few moments," He said, she responded with a nod, and he disappeared inside. Taking his sweet time, Athena chose to sit down, looking up at the moon. She remembers all the times in Sweden she had studied it longing to get out in the world, but now, she wants nothing more than getting home to Sweden again. Hearing paws against the ground beside her made Athena look to her left to see Tie stand there peering up at Athena.

"Hi, there little man," she spoke and gave him a rub over his head before looking over at the door to see the other two dogs with their owner. Standing up and moving over to Gunner, they started the night walk in silents as they were enjoying the night breeze. The smell of the sea and the nightly cold air made Athena a bit less homesick as she understod she had it kind of okay.

"Have you always want to be a biker?" She asked Gunner, trying to stop thinking about Sweden. He groans a little bit and lifts his hand to place it behind his neck as if stressed him to think about it.

"Nah, not really, I have always loved bikes, but when I was a little boy, I dreamed about being a pilot. I wanted to be up in the sky with the birds," He responded with a smile on his lips, looking up in the sky, his gaze glittered with something.

"What about you Athena, have you always been required to be a great fighter?" He said back after a few seconds. Athena struggled with her shoulders a bit.

"I was always gonna be a fighter. Even if I wouldn't want to be it. I did have a period when I wanted to be a librarian, so I could have an unlimited source of books," She said, laughing a little by the memory. Her dad laughed when she informed him what she wanted to be, and the same Christmas, she got a room full of books. She had always been his little baby girl. Of course, her brother would be the next leader, but her dad cherished gifting things to Athena. Sometimes Athena believes that he does it because he feels guilty for working and putting her in danger.

"You love books that much?" He asks, taking her out from the tough about her dad. Nodding and smiling a bit she looked over at him again.

"Yeah, it's a way to understand new things, I think... Understand and experience a new thing in a comfortable bed or sofa. I love seeing and learning new stuff, but many things are enough in books," Athena responds still with a sweet smile on her strawberry-colored lips. Gunner looks at her face as he was looking for something, his brown eyes warm and welcoming.

"But I won't become a librarian, I like fighting and seeing the world, so I probably will continue with it for a while," She says, thinking back to the moment. Gunner nod and start to look forward again. The dogs running around playing and sniffing things. Sometimes they look over at the par walking to make sure they were fine.

"Don't you miss home? I mean, you must have a lot of people waiting for you, at least a partner," Gunner spoke after a few seconds of silence. Athenas face did fall a bit thinking about her family again. She knew he had no idea of what happened to them, so she couldn't blame him for asking.

"I miss Sweden, I really do, But I do not have a partner waiting for me," She answers, ignoring the other part of the statement he just said. Athena saw Gunner look at her from the corner of her eyes, but she didn't want to meet his eyes. He, on the other hand, was longing to see her eyes. Gunner had a clue of what she was hiding. He knew she was hiding something at last.

"Athena, I have seen a lot in my life when it comes to family, I can see that something is wrong, but I won't press you to say anything... I am here if you ever want to talk about it," He presumed to tell her before becoming silent. Athena slowly looks up at the tall man beside her. His eyes were studying her, and she couldn't help but smile thankfully at him. If she was telling anyone about her situation, she could feel inside her that he would be the one to tell.

"You and Maddox looked like you had a great talk earlier. Have you spoke to him again?" Gunner asked, changing the subject. Athena was thankful for that because she wasn't ready to talk about the last month.

"Yeah, it seems that we have some things in a comment, but I haven't spoken to him after the practice today," She told him, Gunner nod knowing that Maddox had been in an awfully good mood for being him today. He knew he had start hoping for something good.

"I hope you know that it means more than anything for him to meet someone like you. Thank you for giving him your time... He has a reputation that makes people scared of him, so not many want to talk to him," Gunner admit. Athena, look up at him and do something she didn't think she ever would to a biker. She put her hand on his arm gently and smile at him, she felt happy in a way around him and it scared her a bit.

"You are a great friend. I can see how much you care about him and your dogs... Even if you put up this biker facade of being unbreakable," She responds with a light chuckle at the end. Letting his arm go, she couldn't stop herself from thinking about what a muscular arm he has. Athena looking up at him feeling her cheeks heat a little after almost regretting touching him. She saw him look down at her, a bit surprised, but soon a happy smile spread on his lips.

"Thank you, Athena,"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

212K 8.6K 33
After her husband was killed, Nora and her sons were supposed to be safe. They moved to a new city and began a new life despite everything they had b...
359K 8.6K 40
Hannah comes home from a business trip to find out that her husband has been sleeping around with her best friend. To make matters worse it looks li...
493K 15.6K 45
From the outside, it looks like Ivy Stephens has the perfect life. At 21 she is living with her boyfriend of 2 years, and he is a cop. After another...
870K 34.9K 50
Mature Content 17+ || Savage Wolves MC Book Two In the wake of tragedy, Callie never fails at staying positive. But, after having her brother and the...