More Than Once | THE WATTPAD...

By DomWolf_

The Wattpad draft! Not the final version. I rolled my eyes and smiled, "Never had a one-night stand," "A one... More

#MoreThanOnce - The Story begins...
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
BOOK 2 - "MORE THAN THIS"
BOOK 2 OUT NOW! - "MORE THAN THIS"
The "More Than" Series is Coming to Amazon!
"More Than Once" out on Amazon now!

Chapter 10

38.3K 913 1.5K
By DomWolf_

*This story is on-going and changes will be made along the way. 

This chapter is longer than usual but I couldn't cut it shorter. 

Please feel free to #vote on my chapters. Your support means the world to me.

NB! Adult-content | Mature | Romance

**

Vai Moana was packed. It wasn't a very big bar to begin with but that didn't matter as people spread out onto the beach. We were supposed to be headed into autumn but the beating sun shining down on us wasn't ready to let the heat go just yet. I followed Reyna onto the deck where she threw her arms around a tall, slender man who I assumed to be Diego. Reyna did warn me he was the complete opposite of the type of man she usually went for so I wasn't too surprised. While she usually went for the dark, handsome, and dangerous, I was always the one who drifted more towards the shy ones who were attractive in a your-mind-is-attractive kind of way. It would appear that we had now swopped tastes.

She pulled away from him and stepped to the side, "Diego, meet Isabella. Mi amiga de la escuela,"

"Hola Isabella, soy Diego," he reached out and pulled me in for a hug

"Hola Diego, nice to meet you,"

Reyna turned to me, "Don't mind his English. He can speak it but he prefers to speak Spanish,"

"Lo siento. I speak English - but it's not great," he said sheepishly, his Spanish accent coming through

I shrugged, "No problem. I'm really the one who should be learning Spanish anyway,"

Reyna leaned into him and her eyes were full of affection as she looked up at him. She was so smitten already. I had never seen her like this before.

"Mi amigo, Matías," Diego started to speak in Spanish but switched over for my inclusion, "Lo siento, my friend, Matías just went to get us drinks. What can I get you guys?"

Reyna reached for the cocktail menu off the high table we were standing around. She leaned closer to me so we could both look

"Should we get a jug of Sangria for now?" she asked me, "We can share,"

"Sounds good to me,"

"Let me get that for you," Diego smiled, "I'll be back,"

He leaned over and left a kiss on Reyna's cheek before heading to the already packed bar to get us some drinks.

"You weren't kidding when you said he was the opposite of your type," I teased

She snorted, "I told you! But I can't help it - there's something about him that really makes me want to jump him all the time,"

I chuckled, "It's like you're on heat,"

"Right?" she giggled, "All jokes aside though. I don't know why I like him so much but I do so it would be mean a lot to me for you to get to know him,"

I squeezed her hand, "Of course Reyna. I'll do anything for you,"

Minutes later Diego returned with a jug of Sangria and two glasses in hand. Following closely behind him must have been his friend, Matias. His thick curly hair made him cuter than I expected. He wiggled himself between Reyna and me and placed down a tray of shots he was holding. He turned to me with a bright smile on his face

"Soy Matias," he opened his arms and pulled me in for a quick hug,

"Nice to meet you, Matias, I'm Isabella,"

"Is that an English accent I hear?"

"I guess so," I chuckled, "I'm originally from London,"

Diego grabbed a shot glass in each hand and handed it over to us, "We're not going to have a good time if we just stand around here,"

That sounded just like something Reyna would say and I was starting to see the similarities between the two of them. They both shared the same zest for life and just like Reyna, Diego was ready to have a good time. I psyched myself up to get onto their level. Hell, I was at a beach party in Barcelona for crying out loud. I'd been going out so regularly lately, why stop now? We lifted our shot glasses together, cheering to our meeting. I brought the shot to my lips and tilted my head back, allowing it to slide down my throat.

Oh God. Tequila.

It burned going down like it always did but there was no going back now. It made its way through me and all the tension I was holding onto started to slowly fade away like it always did. Alcohol - the true illusionist.

Another two shots later and we were standing outside by one of the beer pong tables the bar had set up. Reyna and Diego were playing against another couple we just met and I sat on the sidelines with Matias cheering them on. The music was blaring through the bar and I leaned my head back and closed my eyes, soaking in the moment.

"Yes, baby!" Reyna exclaimed and I turned to her watching as she high-fived Diego for finally getting the ball into her opponent's plastic cup again. Three in a row - even I was impressed by his skill.

I sipped on the cocktail next to me. Reyna and I made our way through that Sangria quite quickly and I had moved onto another suggestion from Diego. I didn't know what it was but it was strong. My stomach rumbled and I needed food. I was drinking quite a bit and if I didn't get food into my system now, I was going to be a wreck.

"Can I order food from here?" I asked Matías

He shook his head, "When they have these parties they close their kitchen. They're all about the bar being open,"

There were quite a few other places along the beach so I was going to have to go and find something.

"You can try a place down there," he pointed in the direction he was referring to, "They should have something,"

I reached for my purse and stood up

"Do you want me to come with you?" he offered

I shook my head, "No - you stay here and watch their victory,"

He chuckled

'I won't be too long. Let Reyna know where I've gone please,"

As soon as I turned to walk down the wooden walkway, the alcohol hit me. I had been sitting for a couple of hours now as we continued to enjoy our drinks so this was the first time I allowed it to make its way through me. A lingering dizziness hovered over me and I had to remind myself to focus extra hard now.

And to not fall over

I reached the restaurant that Matías pointed out and strolled through it to the counter. It was packed with people and they had long white couches on the beach itself filled with different groups of people. I picked up the menu and scanned through it. I quickly realized I forgot to ask if anyone else wanted anything so I was going to have to order double - just in case. I settled on a tapas platter that would be enough for all of us to share. I signaled for the waiter and quickly placed my order.

"You can take a seat and wait there," he pointed to an area of empty bar stools right by the beach

"Gracias," I said

I started to walk towards the barstools but someone caught my eye. I turned to a group of people scattered across one of the white couches. In the middle, I watched a couple wrapped up in an intimate moment with a fresh-faced brunette woman leaning into his ear as he ran his hands up and down her bare thigh. I caught my breath at the sight of him

Giovanni

Of course, he'd be here with someone else. She was nibbling on his ear and that made him slowly lean his head back, soaking in what she was doing. I couldn't look away and the stab of jealousy started creeping over me. It made my skin crawl to see her doing that to him. I wanted to be her right now.

Isabella, get yourself together.

The combination of alcohol and jealousy was lethal and I had to get out of there. Just as I started to look away, he brought his head forward again and we locked eyes. Eye contact - one of the purest forms of intimacy. The ability to hold power over one another from across the room by the simple flick of the eye. I quickly turned away, pretending that I didn't see him. I didn't want to see him right now. I couldn't get him out of my mind lately and judging by the tongue shoved in his ear, he wasn't thinking of me at all. He was with someone else now and a sick feeling settled in my stomach. The reminder that I was just another one on his list wasn't something I wanted to be reminded of. I pulled out my cell phone to text Reyna. I started typing but I felt a light tap on my shoulder that made me stop without pressing send. I turned and there he stood. He was wearing a bright emerald shirt that looked great against his dark olive skin. The shirt exposed his tattoos and I was fascinated by them. They were fucking attractive.

"I didn't know you would be here," he smiled

"I could say the same thing about you,"

I was too intoxicated for a conversation with him but I was adamant to keep myself together. I sat up straight and instructed myself to focus

"Well the odds of me being here are way more likely than you," he teased, "Who are you here with?"

"Reyna. We're here with her new boyfriend, thing, I don't know what they are," I started to ramble

"Boyfriend, thing?" he bemused, "Interesting title,"

I smiled awkwardly. I scolded myself for drinking too much - I couldn't even string together a coherent sentence in front of him.

"Well I'm glad I bumped into you," he said

"You are?"

He stepped closer to me, brushing up against me. Why did he have to touch me? Just the simple skin-to-skin contact reminded me of what it was like to really have him against me.

And inside of me.

Isabella, no. That was the last thing I wanted to think about but now it was too late. A slight throbbing between my legs made an appearance and I really had to get away from him. He had such an effect on me and that became worse in my inebriated state.

"Of course," he breathed, "Do you want to get a drink?"

Wait, what? Was he being serious? How could he be asking me to go and get a drink when not even two minutes before that he had some other woman's tongue in his ear.

"A drink? With you?"

"Yes with me,"

I leaned past him to where he was sitting before and the brunette was now staring me down - she clearly wasn't impressed that he ditched her. I leaned out of her view and looked up at him. His eyes were brimming with interest and a few strands of hair had fallen forward over his eyes.

"No thanks,"

He was taken aback, "No?"

"I don't think your date is very happy with you right now,"

"She's not my date,"

"I think her tongue would disagree," I quipped

He shrugged, "That was nothing,"

The waiter brought my order and handed me the packet. I slipped off the barstool and thanked him. A wave of dizziness washed over me and I had to focus on keeping myself steady. Giovanni's presence was enough to suck away all the air around me. I felt like I couldn't breathe around him - it was terrifying.

"Seriously, Isabella, that was nothing," he reached out and grabbed my hand

I held my breath. His touch burned against me and it was no longer the heat from the sun that I was feeling. Why did I want him so much? He was not a one-woman kind of man and seeing him with someone else reminded me of that. There was an internal battle between my brain and my body. I was dying to have him again but the logical part of me was waving the red flag at an incessant pace.

"You don't owe me an explanation, Giovanni. There's nothing going on between us,"

As I said it I knew I was trying to convince myself of that because I didn't believe it one bit. There was something between us - our chemistry was undeniable.

He stepped closer to me and we were inches apart, "You don't mean that,"

I didn't

"Yes I do," I lied meekly, "I told you it was just a one-time thing,"

"It happened more than once Isabella," he breathed

My name rolled off his tongue and his breath on my skin intoxicated my senses. At that moment I could have just thrown myself at him. It was what I wanted to do. I wanted to feel his strong arms around me and his hands all over my body. I wanted his lips on my neck. I wanted to rub my hands down his body and take him in my hand and...

I mentally blocked the rest of those thoughts but the tension between my legs was rising and I needed to get out of there. I had to keep reminding myself that he was here with someone else and I needed to save face. Seeing him with someone else made me so jealous and I was angry at myself for the investment I had in him. Sleeping with him three times was a momentary lapse of judgment and I needed to continue my Giovanni detox.

"One drink, Isabella," he persisted

One drink wouldn't hurt, right?

He was with someone else Isabella

"No thanks," I pulled my hand away from his, "I'm here with someone else anyway so I should get back,"

I didn't know why I said that but I did. Drunk me wanted to prove to him that I didn't care if he was with someone else - I could do the same.

"You're here with Reyna,"

"And Reyna's boyfriend-thing who happened to have a very cute friend,"

I couldn't control what was coming out of my mouth. It had a mind of its own right now.

"A very cute friend?" he lifted an eyebrow and I could see the amusement in his eyes

This wasn't funny. I was trying to get a reaction out of him but I certainly didn't think it would be one of amusement. I wanted him to take me seriously. I didn't need him - I could easily find someone else.

Drunk me was in charge right now, sitting front row to the Giovanni and Isabella show. Sober me was hanging her head in shame knowing there was nothing she could do except watch on the sideline.

"That's what I said,"

"You're cocky when you've been drinking,"

He was challenging me and it was such a turn-on.

"I'm lots of things," I slurred, "You just won't get to find out,"

"But what if I want to?" he murmured, 'What if I want to get to know more about you, Isabella?"

His low voice was thick with desire. He was doing all he could to get to me and he already had. From the moment he touched me, I was ready for him but I didn't want him to know that. I needed to regain some control of the situation. He was saying all the right things right now but how could I trust him? I was made well-aware of his reputation and seeing him with someone else again drove me into a fit of envy that I didn't want.

"Sorry, that right is reserved for my date,"

I was seriously going on about this date thing. I didn't know a thing about Matías - he wasn't even as interesting as I thought he would be but thankfully Giovanni didn't know that.

"I'd love to meet him," he quipped

"What?" I asked, even though I heard him clearly

"Your date," he said, "I'd love to meet him,"

"Oh no," I protested, "He wouldn't wa-"

"There's no harm in meeting him right?" he continued, "Since you said there's nothing going on between us, what would be the problem?"

He was enjoying this. I could see it in his eyes. He wanted to catch me in my lie but I wouldn't allow that. I was way too stubborn and even though Matías was not my date, he would be now.

"No problem," I smiled, "I'd love for you to meet him,"

"Great then," he smirked, "Lead the way,"

"Fine,"

I turned and we started to make our way back to Vai Moana. I scolded myself on the way there - what the fuck was I thinking? Why did I lie about Matías being my date? I had no idea how I was going to get out of this one so I was really hoping that he would be on board with me springing this one on him. I didn't know a single thing about him but I just needed to convince Giovanni that he was in fact my date. Giovanni remained close to me as we made our way through the crowds of people. I saw Reyna and Diego at the tall table we had before they went to play beer pong. I quickened my pace and reached Reyna before Giovanni did.

"There you a-" she started to say but I interrupted

"Reyna, play along with whatever happens now," I said in a hushed voice and placed the food on the table

"What?" she was confused until she saw Giovanni step out from behind me

"Giovanni! Hi," she was shocked at his presence but she did her best to try to hide it, "Didn't expect to see you here,"

"I could say the same about Isabella," he smirked

"Oh, she's full of surprises," she smiled and turned to her date, "This is Diego,"

He politely introduced himself and I was looking around for Matías who was nowhere in sight. I started to panic a bit. Why did I have to be so stupid and say he was my date? That was a terrible idea.

"I bumped into Isabella a couple places over and she told me all about her date," he announced casually

"Her da-" Diego looked confused but Reyna quickly jumped in to save my story

"Yes, her date!" she exclaimed, "Matías is great,"

Diego couldn't hide the confusion in his eyes but she nudged him, "Remember we set Isabella and Matías up today,"

Diego was definitely not on board and I could feel the heat spread across my cheeks.

"He's got to be around here somewhere," I said as casually as I could manage

"Oh I'm sure he is," Giovanni sneered

"He is,"

Giovanni had a look of amusement on his face and I really didn't want him to catch me in this lie.

"So what does this Matías do?" he asked

He was relentless

"Marketing," I said at the exact same time that Diego announced he was, in fact, an accountant

"A marketing accountant," I said quickly

What the fuck was a marketing accountant Isabella?

"A marketing accountant?" Giovanni repeated, "Can't say I've ever heard of that,"

"Oh, it's all the rave. Super interesting to hear about," I rambled on

I could have crawled into a hole at that very moment. Diego leaned over to Reyna and whispered something in her ear. I had no idea what he said but she turned abruptly to the door. I followed her gaze and Matias was walking towards us

Hand in hand with a pretty, young blonde

Oh fuck

They reached us and Reyna stepped forward to greet him again, "Ah Juan, you're back!"

She was trying to save the situation here but Matías had no idea what was going on and said, "Reyna - you can't be that drunk to forget my name,"

He noticed Giovanni and politely extended his hand, "Hola, Soy Matías,"

My cover was blown. Giovanni looked over at me and I could tell he was trying to hold back his laughter.

"Ah the marketing accountant," he remarked

Matias looked confused but Giovanni continued, "Nice to meet you, Matías," he introduced himself and turned to the pretty blond on his arm, "Sorry and you are?"

She smiled politely, "I'm Selena, Matías's girlfriend,"

"Matías's girlfriend?" he repeated, "Well, it's lovely to meet you, Selena,"

Selena introduced herself to everyone else and Giovanni stepped closer to me.

"So did you know your date had a girlfriend?" he murmured in my ear

There was really no way to get out of this one. I had to accept defeat.

The heat continued to spread across my cheeks, "News to me,"

He chuckled, "Well now I guess you can have a drink with me,"

I had lost this. Badly.

"Fine, one drink,"

He winked at me and opened his mouth to say something but I held my finger up, stopping him

"But there's one condition," I announced

"And what's that?"

"You don't mention anything that just happened ever again,"

He chuckled, "I can't promise that. You put on quite a show right now,"

I was humiliated and angry at myself. Why did I have to be so stupid? I didn't have to say anything about a date but of course, the sight of Giovanni with someone else made me do it. He had so much power over me and I hated it. I wanted to be the one in control.

I crossed my arms, "One drink and no mention of this or I'm staying right here,"

"Fine," he smiled, "Shall we?" 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 26.2K 67
The Wattpad draft! Not the final version. Book 2. Their story is far from over... Isabella Avery never expected her world to come crashing down the...
192K 5.6K 26
I, Skylar was accidentally sent to a Hot Boys Camp I mean ALL BOYS CAMP . At first I hated it but then I met the boys in my Cabin. They were the sex...
407K 8.4K 33
A crime boss struggles to carry out a vendetta after he falls for the spirited daughter of his enemy. ...
2.1M 86.6K 62
{18+ COMPLETED • COLLEGE ROMANCE} When a college freshman with a learning disability and a reputation collides with a straight-A, straight-laced girl...