Letters

I wish you a merry christmas brother.
I hope the letter reaches you in time and is not too late. I am also sorry for not writing to you earlier. It was quite a busy time for me. I have been transferred into a foreign land to continue my duty. So far it has been very interesting to meet the people of this country. I know you dislike the snow and cold but it almost looks like a dreamland out of a fairy tale here sometimes. The night sky is beautiful and the snow gives it a tranquil ambience at night. It would certainly move you to write poems about it.

But enough about me.

How are you doing? The last thing I have heard from you was that your last book was to be published in early December. How did it go? Knowing your writing skill I am sure it will sell well. I just hope you are having a wonderful Christmas with your family in Stuttgart.

Concerning your family, how is your wife doing? Did she recover from her cold?

I am sorry to once again write in such a short manner. It seems that I start to lack proper writing the more repair and mission logs I write. I guess the navy formalities are taking me over after all.

Anyways, to answer your questions from your last letter. I am doing well. Wesermünde did not change that much since you left. Although the bakery saleswoman has been asking me where you are and after telling her that you moved away I am supposed to send you her kind regards and that she will be missing you ordering your cheese bread every morning. It has been about 3 weeks since I left our hometown as well.

I guess the christmas market is already up and the people are going there to spend time together. I hope you are doing the same at your new home.

I am digressing again.

You had asked me about my assignment and if I was happy to work for the navy and with the people and Shipgrils. I have to say I am. It was not as bad as you had feared. The Shipgirl I am assigned to turned out to be alright. She is a bit sarcastic and seems to like irony as much as I do. Her teasing demeanor can get under your skin at first but I got used to it rather quickly. It is because of my job maintaining her rigging that I was sent to a foreign land as well. It is certainly more than I expected to experience as a mechanic. Nonetheless it is certainly exciting.

Well. I don't really have that much more to say or that much more paper to write on. I again wish you a merry Christmas and a happy new year. Hug everyone for me and greet our sister from me when you have the chance to speak up.

With kind regards, your older brother.