No. 3 Chapter 8

The young engineer woke up in the middle of the night. Drenched in sweat and panting he realised that he had awoken out of his nightmare. Rubbing his face he got out of the damp sheets and let the fresh room temperature cool his body. Looking at the alarm clock on his table, he realized it was shortly past four in the morning. That was even too early for him. He tried to remember his dream and why it upset him so much. It was the same dream that haunted him for a while now. Ever since he had gotten his break after the refit experiment. This dream of his was a collection of abstracts from his memory. It was the escape out of the Northern Parliament from his capture all the way to his escape out of Ganguts grasp, followed or interrupted by the situations when he helped to repair the destroyers or rather the sight of horror they were when they entered as well as the confrontation with Z-12 when she attacked him during the repairs. These scenes haunted him in his dreams every now and then for the past two months. He did not understand why that was the case. He normally never had any nightmares. His mind pondering these thoughts. The young engineer knew he would not find his way back to sleep. To get the thoughts out of his mind he started with his morning routine and decided to spend the morning strolling through the park-like garden north of the giant building they were in.

Outside the young engineer enjoyed the fresh early morning air. He could see the first rays of sunlight visible on the horizon while he closed two more buttons on his coat. Walking around the building into the garden he was astonished to see the variety of flowers and other plants as well as the meticulously cared for lawn. He looked at some of the white marble and alabaster statues and busts placed along the trails. He strolled along one of these trails until he found a nice place with a pavilion. Sitting down in it he saw that there was a small locked cabinet with the plaque "Tea assortment garden west'' attached to one door. So this was a tea pavilion he concluded. From his place he had a nice view of the port facilities and while he watched them he was able to rest his thoughts for a bit. His curiosity was taken up by what looks like a group of Shipgirls rushing from the huge dromatory building over to one of the dock facilities. He was wondering why they would all need to go there this early in the morning. He decided to go and asked them.
Walking back to the docks he saw even more Shipgirls in the attire of the Royal Navy run around. He saw the leading cruiser of the Royal Navy and he walked over to her. "Good morning Mrs. Belfast. I am sorry to interrupt, but could you tell me what is going on?" He asked her politely. The tall cruiser turned to face him. "Good morning young sir. Nothing to worry about. It will all be taken care of. May I ask why you are up and about this early?" She answered and asked in return. "I could not sleep and decided to go on a walk when I saw you and the others all in a hurry." He explained. "Ohh, I am sorry to hear that. I hope it was not us who stirred you up. But could I please ask you to return to the dormitory for the time being?" She said before turning away and heading towards the same building close to the docks as the rest of her associates. The young engineer was not assured in any way. Deciding to see what was going on he slowly walked toward the same building. He walked in proximity to two royal navy destroyers, judging by their size and appearance and listened to their excited shatter. "I heard the group stationed in Bristol was beaten back and barely made it out. Plymouth and Weymouth squadrons are currently engaged but need our support. The Dover group is also getting ready to deploy and converge with us." Said one of them. "I hope they made it out alright. To think that such a force could push into the channel. Any news from units from Ironblood and Vichiya engaging the fleet?" Said the other excited. "Some Vichiya units were spotted shadowing the force and destroying pawns coming their way. They seem to be too weak in force to deal with it. " Explained the first one. The young engineer had heard enough and stopped what he was doing. Instead he turned around and ran up to the dorm rooms assigned to him and the other Ironblood units.

Knocking profusely on Prinz Eugens door minutes later he entered the room before the drowsy and annoyed looking cruiser could even say something. Catching his breath further he explained. "The Royal Navy is deploying ships..... They seem to have a huge enemy force pushing up the channel from the bay of Biscay..... Their smaller units at the west side of the channel seem to be beaten and in retreat. Now they are mobilizing the ships here. ... Probably a huge Siren force. Pawns were mentioned." He explained. Catching his breath he waited for Prinz Eugens reaction. The look of annoyance was changed to one of attentive thought. "That is troubling. I will talk to the others about it. I think you know what you will have to do. I will come and see you at our transport." She explained her thoughts. The young engineer nodden in understanding. "I will go grab my things and get your rigging ready." He answered. "See if you can get the others ready as well. Bismarck's rigging has priority. The destroyers are fast and could catch up more easily." She ordered and he nodded eagerly.