Chapter 10

The light metallic melody of Minuet in G by Bach played right on time to wake him. The three shipgirls all watched the little clock he had placed in his lab with fascination when it started playing. When he opened his eyes and was about to shut the melody off, he saw how intrigued the three were listening to the melody. He decided to let it play out. "The music this little clock canmake is beautiful." Minsk said in a gleeful tone. He looked at the three and answered them in their native language: " Good to see you three again. Yes, the melody is beautiful. May I ask a question? Is there a lavatory in which I could relieve myself and make myself presentable?" Pamiat Merkuria sprung up from her armchair with excitement. "Ohh yes there is. You are absolutely right. A star like me should also make herself presentable before meeting back up with comrade Commander. Come with me, I show you the way." With These words she walked off and waved to the young engineer to follow her. Leaving the decorated room they entered the second half of the wagon, which had a boiler, two restrooms and a compartment with beds in it. The energetic cruiser left for the woman's door and the young engineer went on to do his business as well. Returning to the decorated room after 10 minutes, there was little resemblance to the man that left before. When he left, he was unshaven and unwashed and wearing the same clothes under his coat for almost three days. Now he was washed, shaved, his hair properly calmed and no longer dressed in his dirty working uniform and leather coat. Instead he wore his parade Uniform in dark blue and had his coat and hat in his hands. The only thing that looked the same was his eyes and the still somewhat uneasy smile he had. "Well look at that. This person looks actually like an officer of rank and no longer like a dirty deserter. Who would have thought that a good looking young man was hiding in front of us." Chapayev said with an excited tone. Slightly embarrassed by that compliment he nodded in appreciation of her comment and sat back down in one of the armchairs. "Is there anything I should watch out for when introducing myself to the officer of the watch or any other people I have to state my arrival to?" He asked the shipgirls. " Yes, there is. Hierarchy is of utmost importance. When greeting someone you start with the highest rank. The people below your position are addressed mostly with comrade. Those on equal rank either by comrade and their rank, just by rank or by comrade or their name when given the privilege to do so. Higher ranks are addressed by rank or comrade and rank. Otherwise it's just the basic military procedure you should be familiar with." Chapayev answered his question. " Thank you very much for that advice Miss Chapayev." He thanked her.