No.2 Chapter 13

When he arrived at his place he set up a cattle of tea before checking what he could make for dinner. He still had a lot of vegetables and some ground beef. He grabbed the Chickpeas out of the pantry. He then proceeded to get potatoes from the basement store. Peeling and dicing the potatoes he thought about adding cabanossi sausage to the meal. After cutting the potatoes he therefore went back to the fridge and grabbed a couple of cabanossi sausages. He cut them to small slices and added them to the potatoes in the big cooking pot. Next up he threw in the Chickpeas and added the other half a dozen poultry sausages he had left over to the pot, after slicing them up as well. He then proceeded to add a bit of salt and pepper to the ingredients before starting the stove. He only let it heat up on a low level. He remembered that his mother told him that stew needed a long time of constant heat to develop it's full flavor.

He then proceeded to set an alarm on his phone for 17:00 hours when he guessed that the stew would be ready. He used the time until then to further clean up his house and do some shores. He managed to just about clean everything up when the alarm rang and he went back to taste the stew. It was just right and tasted good. Smirking to himself, he made a picture of the closed cooking pot and sent it to Prinz Eugen via Juustagram.

>You better hurry or I will eat it all alone.<

He wrote below the picture and sent it.

Shortly after his phone rang and he read the message from Prinz Eugen.

>Do that and your other arm will also be in a brace. ;-) Coming over right now.<

Guessing that it would take her about 20 minutes to get to his place he decided to take a quick shower and put on some more relaxed clothes, not related to work.

When he was finished taking a shower and putting on some civilian clothes, he still felt the muscle ache in his arm. It would probably take him a few weeks before that would stop and his wrist would be back to normal. He frowned thinking about that. Especially about the fact that Gangut still had his things. He was taken out of his thoughts by the ring of the doorbell. Walking down the stairs he prepared to see the Cruiser again.

"Good evening." He greeted her after opening the door. The heavy cruiser walked in and sat down on the stairs to take off her shoes. "Good evening to you as well." She answered. "Why did you not tell me that you were off duty early today? I could have helped with cooking." She stated. "Well, I wouldn't want to bother you with it." He answered while taking her coat and hanging it on a coat hanger. "So far I enjoyed cooking. At least the last time I helped you out was fun." "I didn't know that you liked cooking. Next time I let you know." He answered her. He motioned for her to leave the entrance and go inside. When the two sat down at the dinner table in the living room, the young engineer noticed that Prinz Eugen looked at him intently. "Is something wrong?" He asked. "Not at all. It is just an unfamiliar picture. Seeing you not in your uniform or working clothes. I mean you still seem overdressed for casual clothes but an open gray dress shirt over a dark red t-shirt and the grey trousers to it do look nice in combination." She explained. Feeling the heat of a blush rise up in his cheeks, the young engineer nodden and stood up to get the food. "Are you alright?" Asked Prinz Eugen. "Yea, I am only going to prepare the food and serve it." He answered from the kitchen. "Can we wait a bit with dinner?" She asked. Wondering why she made that request he came back into the living room. "Sure, why though?" He answered and had a questioning eyebrow raised. "I might have posted your food on Juustagram. And told people that I was going to have a delicious dinner. The result was that Hipper asked if she could come and have some as well. Well, the Konteradmiral recognised the stove and cooking pot and said he and Graf Spee might also show up to say hello." She explained while hiding her embarrassment. "So you mean to say that you invited three others to dinner? Uhh, good thing I am still cooking all the time for multiple people or multiple meals." Was his answer to her explanation. "You are not mad?" She asked. "Not really. Next time it would be nice if you could inform me ahead of time." He said while chuckling. Then his face hardened. "You did not post that I cooked, did you?" He asked in a more serious tone. "No, I only said I was going to have a great dinner with a friend. Why are you so concerned? Are you insecure about your cooking skills or that others might learn that we spend time outside of work together?" She asked teasingly and with her signature smile.