9

"I've come here with no expectations, only to profess, now that I am at liberty to do so, that my heart is, and always will be, yours."
-Sense and Sensibility

After we finish packing, Roman carries the bags to my car and we all get in. While driving to the pack house the car ride is silent, but not awkward. I think it helps that we are all tired, so the quietness is more peaceful than anything.

Once we get to the pack house, Roman pulls into a garage I never noticed before. "These are the vacant rooms. You can choose whichever ones to stay in." Roman says and Liv grabs her bag from him. "Thank you." Liv says and walks to one of the rooms. Jesse goes to the room next to Liv and Roman carries his bag inside.

"I'm going to tuck in Jesse and then I will come to your room." I say and Roman caresses my cheek. "Of course. My room is down the hall and the only room on the left." He says and I watch his large figure walk down the hall.

I help Jesse change into a onesie and tuck him into the big queen sized bed. "Are we never going to go home?" Jesse asks snuggling deeper into the blanket. "We will. But not for a while." I say and brush his hair out of his face. He closes his eyes and I kiss his head before quietly leaving.

I walk down the dark hall and stop in front of Roman's door. Do I knock before going in? Or do I just walk in like it's my own room. Before I can even make a decision, the spruce wood door swings open. Roman is standing before me, dressed only in a pair of sweats. I gulp and he smirks down at me.

His sweats hang low on his hips and I can see his v line and when I hear him chuckle, I quickly avert my gaze. "I like it when you look at me." He says and gently pulls my chin so I'm facing him. I feel my cheeks start to blush and he smiles. He snakes his other hand around my waist and pulls me in for a kiss.

He places his lips gently on my own and kisses me slowly. He walks backwards into the room and shuts the door. He leans back separating our lips and sighs. He places his head on my shoulder and squeezes my body against his. He inhales deeply and kisses my mark. When we separate, Roman's arms are still around me, but now I have enough room to look at him.

I stare at his bare chest and trace the large scars stretching along his chest. "How did this happen?" I ask and he sighs heavily. "When I was younger, I went on many runs alone in the woods. One day I was running and some rogues were trespassing. Instead of mind linking people for back up, I decided to try and take them on myself...They almost killed me. If it wasn't for my older brother, I would be dead." He says and sits on his black silky sheets covering his bed.

"I didn't know you have a brother." I say following his action and sitting next to him. "By saving me, he suffered worse injuries than I did. His leg got bit so badly that they had to...remove it." He looks at his feet and looks away from me like he feels guilty.

"Roman, I'm sure your brother doesn't regret his decision to save you." I say feeling a heart clenching amount of guilt and sadness weighing heavy on my chest. He looks back at me with watering eyes and he blinks rapidly a few times to clear away his tears.

"I know he doesn't. I just can't help feeling bad that if I had been smarter he could have been Alpha." He says and I stand up in front of him. "Please cut yourself a break. Constant guilt is not good for your heart. Especially after the night we just had." I say and he pulls me by my hips closer to him. He looks at me and his dark circles are really showing in this low lighting. I cup his cheeks and kiss him lightly.

He smiles against my lips and I run my hand through his hair. He kisses back harder and starts to stand up. Quickly he is towering over me and is squeezing me to his chest.