13

"What were you thinking?" Roman asks after we hear Liv's door shut. "I was having fun tonight Roman." I slightly slur from all the alcohol taking effect. "Are you serious?" He scoffs and stares at me. He shakes his head and starts to storm off.

"Roman don't walk off." I say and quickly try to follow him. I stumble up the stairs and as I'm watching my feet to make sure I don't fall, I run right into his back. "Ow. Sorry." I say rubbing my forehead. "What is wrong with you Val?" He asks in a low tone. "What?" I say in a quiet, meek voice.

"First you give your virginity to 'just a friend'. Then you don't talk to me the entire time I'm gone. And now you went for a night out and I got to watch you grind against some random guy for an hour. You're...breaking my heart Val." He says and I stay quiet. I can feel my heart ache at his words. I'm breaking his heart.

"Goodnight Val." He says and walks up the rest of the stairs. Before I can stop myself, I reach out and grab his shirt. He looks back at me and I see tears threatening to fall. "I'm sorry. I'm so so sorry." I say and tears start rolling down my cheeks.

"I know I don't deserve your forgiveness for tonight, but can I at least tell you the truth?" I say trying to control my sobs.He doesn't say anything, but gives me a slight nod to continue. "When I was in high school, I liked a guy in the grade above me. No matter what I did he always seemed to not really notice me. When I finally got to hang out with him, I found out all he wanted from me was sex. Being the naive teen girl I was, I decided that that is better than having no relationship with him. So I let him do whatever he wanted, but even that wasn't enough for him. He wanted to do it all the time and when I said no he got mad. After taking my virginity h-he told everyone at school that I was desperate and had sex with him. When everyone didn't believe him, he sent out a video of us...He didn't tell me he was video taping." I let go of his shirt and look up at him.

"After that Jason was the only person that treated me like I wasn't some attention starved whore and was actually friends with me. The girl that told you I slept with him didn't hear the whole conversation and just jumped to conclusions." I say and he has tears running down his face.

"Why didn't you just tell me?" He asks and steps closer to me. "I was...afraid you wouldn't want me anymore. After Jason told me waiting for your mate is a big deal for you guys, I figured that I'm just...soiled goods."

Roman wraps his arms around me and I hear him controlling his breathing. "I'm sorry too. I should've talked to you." He says and pulls me impossibly closer. I wrap my arms around his neck and let my tears fall freely. "I love you Val. I could never not want you." I feel his guilt building in my chest, so I hold onto him tighter.

"I love you too." I hear him let out a sigh of relief and he kisses my neck. He leans back and cups my face with his large hands. "Please come back to our room tonight." He says this calmly, but his eyes show that he is scared of my response.

I nod my head and he kisses my forehead. The familiar tingles spread throughout my body. Roman wraps his arm around my waist and I lean my head against his muscular bicep.

When we get to our room, I immediately slip my heels off and grab a pair of his boxers and a sweatshirt. "I'm going to shower." I say and he nods. After I shower, I change into the clean clothes and walk back into the room.

Roman is changing into sweatpants when I come back out and I watch the muscles move in his back as he bends and stretches. "I feel you watching me." He says and my cheeks instantly heat up.

"Sorry." I say while trying to control my blush. His hand caresses my chin and lift it up to him. "Don't be sorry. I like knowing you find me attractive." He says with a smirk. I playfully roll my eyes at him and he chuckles.