Chapter 17: The old friend

Elsie POV

"Lucas? Is that really you?" A guy that stands in the middle of the living room caught my attention. I couldn't believe my eyes.

"Great that I'm not part of the forgotten memory." He spun around and faced me. A grin on his face didn't go unnoticed.

"What are you doing here?" I squealed, eyeing him up and down as if I was dreaming.

"Is that how you welcome me to your home? I feel offended, woman." He said, feigning a sad face with his hands over his chest dramatically. I rolled my eyes playfully with his action, getting used to his 'drama queen' side.

"Come here, let me hug you." I approached him closer and pulled him into a hug.

"Enough girl, your husband might get jealous, and I don't want to die yet, too early for that though. I still haven't enjoyed my life to the fullest." He pulled away while letting his eyes running around the surrounding as if he were trying to check if someone is spying on us.

"Don't be ridiculous. He will not do that. By the way, you haven't told me yet why are you here? I mean how? When?"

"I'm wondering if this is the mansion of the mafia or police station." He snickered irritably. "Maybe it will be a great idea if you serve me with some drinks first before interrogating me?"

I slapped my forehead. Only at that time, I noticed that the table in the living room was empty. That means no one served the drink for him yet. "I'm sorry, too excited and surprised to see you here. I forgot you need to be feed." I chuckled. 

"That was too obvious." He added.

"Wait for a second, I will be right back," I said to him and strode to the kitchen right away. I walked into the kitchen and suddenly remembered that I need to get Andrea for breakfast. I quickly grabbed an empty glass from the kitchen and fill it with the orange juice before walking to the living room.

"Here you go, Lucas. Can you wait here for a while? I need to see if Andrea is awake. We can have breakfast together later."

"Not a big deal, girl. I know you're a busy mom now. Life changed, no?" He teased with a wink before sending me out of the room.

"Will be right back in a second," I raised my voice so that he could hear me while I'm on my way to Andrea's room.

I knocked a few times, but no response. Thus, I pushed the door and peeked inside to see if she was still asleep, but the bed was empty. Pushing the door widely, I called for her name.

"Good morning, princess. Are you up?"

"Mommy, I'm here." I heard her voice from the bathroom. The door wasn't closed, I found her brushing her teeth near the marble sink, standing on a small step stool. She gargled her mouth with clean water, and I helped her to wipe her face with the small towel that hung behind.

"Good morning, mommy. I just brushed my teeth. Can you help me for a shower?" She requested with her puppy eyes. I was familiar with her trick.

"Morning kiss?" I moved my face closer to her before fulfilling her request. She placed kisses on both of my cheeks while I'm returning the same to her.

"By the way, where is daddy?" Normally, Dexter will be the one who will help her with the morning routine.

"Daddy is having a meeting outside. He won't be back until nighttime. Do you miss him already, mommy?"

I wanted to say 'no' but it will seem so wrong for me to answer her like that. Plus, I don't want her to notice anything strange between us which might affect her.

"Maybe just a bit," I trailed off. It doesn't sound like a lie. It felt strange not to see him around the house. I quickly shift away from the thought and took off her pyjama before taking her for a shower.

I let her choose her dress as always. After done with her morning routine, we walked out of the room holding each other hands, strolling to the living room to meet Lucas. He was sitting on the chair while making himself busy with the movie that played on the flat screen.

"Lucas." My voice caused him to divert his attention to me. Turning around, he smiled as he noticed Andrea standing beside me. We were both looking at him.

I saw how Andrea frown. That was her normal reaction whenever she meets strangers. She tightened her grip, proving her uncomfortable and insecure feeling. I kneeled, making my eyes aligned to hers.

"Princess, don't be scared. He is mommy's best friend. He is a nice guy." My words seem to erase the uneasiness away from her as I feel she loosened the grip on my hand. I don't have the chance to introduce them during the wedding as he was rushing after the ceremony. 

"Hi, little girl." A wide smile graced his features as he greeted her.

"Hi, big guy." I almost laugh at Lucas's reaction when Andrea greeted him with that odd name. "By the way, I'm not a little girl." She doesn't like people to treat her childishly. I guess that was how smart kids behave. "My name is Andrea. What is your name?"

"Oh, Andrea, what a nice name. I'm Lucas, nice to meet you." Lucas extended his hand.

I noticed the smile that whisked on her face, making the frown disappeared right away. "Nice to meet you too, Lucas. I think you can call me princess." She smiled sheepishly and accepted Lucas's hand afterward.

I smiled in satisfaction as I heard her statement. She will only introduce herself as a 'princess' when she meets someone that makes her feel the positive vibe. Who doesn't like Lucas, one of the funniest guys in the world, I uttered inaudibly.

"That name suit you perfectly, princess." Lucas pinched her cheeks which earned giggles from her.

"It's good that both of you finally know each other. Now, let's go to the dining room. We can continue this while having our breakfast." I gushed happily. 

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤