Chapter 30: Let her go

Elsie POV

Nothing was heard from the other gang for the last three months. I was relieved they finally let me live in peace. Dexter convinced me that the girl was lying about the mole in the mansion. I choose to trust him even though sometimes I do suspect his men.

Andrea was finally back to her school for good. Glad that she always talks about her school and friends, the happiness was evident on her face every time she mentioned her new life. 

Making sure Andrea was safe in her classroom, I went to the ladies' room. I couldn't count how many times I need to pee in a day due to the pregnancy. By the time I was ready to leave the toilet, my phone buzzed. The next text coming in.

'Meet me at the back of the school'

I frowned as I read the text, and it came with a video of Andrea in her class. The panic rose within me as I'm not sure if I should alert the guards outside.

Decided not to put Andrea's life in danger, I silently walked out from the toilet and headed to the back door. A girl with a familiar face standing there with her hoodie covering her head. I recognized her face even though we met only twice which was three months ago.

"Don't touch my daughter!" I spat.

"Don't worry, this time it's you that we want."

Before I could respond to it, a hard object landed at the back of my head. It doesn't take much time to make me unconscious. My sight was blurred, and I let the darkness took over me, unwillingly.

*****

I woke up with a sharp pain in the back of my head. I squinted my eyes, looking around but I couldn't recognize the place. I was laying on the floor, the place was suck with a weird smell. The awful smell of blood hit my nostril.

I mean, of course, I couldn't recognize the place, it was a place that looks like a prison with few cell rooms. How could they put me in a place like this?

I heard a commotion outside and the footsteps approaching closer. It was the same person again; the one that threatened me and lure me out of school. She unlocked the cell door and stood in front of me, an annoying smirk on her face.

"Why am I here?" I asked, leaning towards the wall as I was too weak to stand on my feet.

"Glad that you're still safe and sound. To answer your question, my boss needs something from your husband so to deal with it in an easy way, we choose to invite you here as our honor guest."

"You're a bitch."

She let out devilish laughter with my bold statement before lowering her body to meet my face.

"Tell me something I don't know, Mrs. Anderson." She said before continuing, "I need to remind you, don't do anything reckless to test with my patience. I'm sure you don't want to lose something precious inside there." She pointed a knife to my belly. I quickly clutched onto my belly bump that was visible now, protecting it with my both arms.

"Dexter will kill you if you ever thought about that."

"Let's see if he really cares about that." With that, she left the room. I stared at her with anger, if only my eyes could kill her, I swear she will be six feet underneath.

Dexter POV

"Explain to me how could this happen?" I punched one of the guards that were assigned to protect Elsie and Andrea.

He choked on his own blood as I punched him too hard. The other two bodyguards were laying breathless on the ground. I couldn't control myself and they need to pay for their carelessness. I dumped him on the ground. No point to punch a guy that barely talks and breathes. I ruffled my hair with my hands that were stained with blood.

"Alex, did anyone call?" I yelped.

"No, boss." I kicked the chair that was placed at the corner, letting go of all the anger and frustration.

Not long after that, one of them passed me the phone. "Boss, he is on the line."

I glared at the phone with fire, as if I could burn the person on the other line with my eyes. I snatched the phone from him right away.

"Say it, Damon."

"Wow, wow, wow. I was impressed that you know it was me without the need to hear my voice first."

"Save your laughter for next time. Tell me, what do you want?!"

"You know what, you thought your gang is smart, but the truth is I am smarter than all of you. Can you guess what I do this time? I hacked into your system and found something that wasn't supposed to be there. It belongs to me."

"Why don't you ask your men to delete it from my system if you're that smart." I knew what he was talking about. The same file that made him threatened Elsie for the last few months.

"Of course I have done with that part."

"Then, why are you kidnapping my wife?"

"She needs to be punished for lying. You know well that every action has its consequence."

"You bastard. Let her go before I break your skull."

"Wow, that's so ambitious. Probably, we could catch up next time. I have important things to attend." He dropped the call before I could answer him.

I slammed the cell phone to the ground, and it crashed into pieces as it hit the ground. I hate myself at this moment, I shouldn't be too confident with the plan.

The truth was, I was aware that he was looking for a hacker to hack into my system. Brian, the guy that hit Elsie in the accident agreed to be my spy in the gang since I guaranteed his son's safety. He informed me about their plan and the hacker was actually one of us which was also a spy from my gang.

We purposely told Damon about the existent of the video and pretended to let him delete the record from my system. But he wasn't aware of the plan. Everything happened as we plan, except the fact that Elsie was being kidnapped by them.  

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤