21: Royal Milk Tea

It's currently five thirty two pm and I'm squished between the door of Olivia's car and Kal, since Alex and I both refused to sit in the middle, while Olivia is driving and Eliza called shotgun first

Thank God Washington is only another hour drive away.

"What song do you hope they play?" Kal asks.

"I really want Hold Me Tight Or Don't," Alex says, clapping his hands. I side glance at him. "What? I did my studying, I listened to their latest album. I know stuff."

"I want anything from Folie A Deux," Olivia says, taking a turn.

"It's basic, but Sugar We're Going Down, which I know they will play," Eliza says.

I rest my head against the window. "Maybe Hum Hallelujah, I've been listening to it a lot lately. But they probably won't play it."

Kal nods. "Yeah, I wish they'd play an understimated one in every show. Let's hope they perform Church again."

"Yeah, I love that song!" Alex squeals.

I can't help another pointed look at him. "It's weird seeing you fangirl over them."

The boy pouts. "You were always trying to get me to like them, and now that I do you don't want me to?"

Shaking my head, I say "Oh no, I love that, but it feels like a fever dream."

The whole situation feels like a fever dream, if I'm being honest. We drive to the hotel we;ll stay for the night and check in but don't even go in the rooms, since we don't have anything other than a backpack along. With only an hour to spare before Against The Current go on stage, we drive to the Capital One Arena and I pray the line isn't big all the way there.

We end up getting in a few minutes after the opening act begins. I knew our seats are in section one hundrend and twenty, but I what I didn't know is how close to the stage they are. Or, let me rephrase it, they're right in front of the stage, with only a couple rows separating us from Chrissy Constanza who once again has the best eyeliner in the world, singing Voices, one of their latest songs.

I hum along to the music with a smile on my face as the lights around the stage flash around the crowd and the LED sign with the band's name at the back blinks on and off. There's not much excitement around the crowd, most people are sitted and on their phones. I feel bad for the band, but I understand they're not very popular. That becomes more and more clear, peaking the moment when Chrissy asks the crowd to sing the chorus to Another You, Another Way and the reponse is barely audible. Olivia and I share a glance, and we scream the lyrics as loudly as we can.

The set ends and the band receives a warm round of applause as the depart from the stage.

"Can you believe FOB will be here in thirty minutes?" Olivia asks with a squeal, jumping up and down. "I think I'm going to die!"