13: Pizza Pt.1

"Hello, world!"

"Hello, world!"

I look up from the counter I'm trying to clean and see Olivia entering Parfait, her skateboard in her arms. I mumble a "hey" before going back to work.

"Hey, what's wrong?" she asks all cheery.

I shrug but don't say anything.

"It's because you didn't reply to her texts," Kal shouts from the kitchen.

Idiot

Olivia cracks a smile. "Seriously? I'm sorry. I was making pizza with the twins and then we were watching movies so I didn't see them on time."

I slowly tear my gaze from the counter and look at her. "So you're not mad at me for saying all these things about majors and all?"

She huffs. "Dude, you should be the one being mad. I was telling you you can't study Medicine. I'm sure the re-evaluation will work out for you."

My lips form a tight smile. "It won't. In fact, it's not even a thing anymore. It hasn't been since last year."

Olivia rushes next to me and engulfs me in a hug. "It's alright, I'm sure you'll think of something else. And you're always welcome to study Computer Engineering with me!"

Kal comes out of the kitchen, cleaning cloth and detergent still in his hands. "Medicine sucks major dick anyway."

"That's why you have to talk to your parents," Olivia reminds him.

The boy shouts a "no" and rushes back inside.

"What do you say we have a girls' night tonight at my place?" Olivia suggests when she lets go of me. "We can order takeout, make cookie dough and eat it raw, watch every Drew Barrymore movie..."

I nod, smiling. "That sounds good, thank you."

"Guys!" Kal exclaims as he runs out of the kitchen, phone in hand. "All Time Low are releasing a new song at midnight and they posted a sample!"

You know I want you in the worst way

I need you like cake on my birthday

My jaw drops. "They're releasing a song called Birthday near my birthday? I knew Ryan Dawson and I had a connection ever since he liked my tweet in sophomore year."

Olivia slaps the back of my head. "He's thirty-something, find someone else to crush on."

"Says you," Kal says with a chuckle. "Isn't Jess like... twenty-five?"

"Hey, what are you guys doing here?"

Turning around I see Jason standing before the ice cream showcase, wearing his usual toothy smile and fruity body mist, for which he won't ever reveal the brand every time I ask.