Chapter 19

Tsukishima watched as Kageyama happily enjoyed his birthday with the team. It was a smile that Tsukishima never wanted to fade. But as always, the day has to come to an end.

"Alright everyone!" Daichi said clapping his hands. "The day is almost coming to an end so let's wrap up tonight!"

Everyone frowned and groaned. "Whhhyyy let's see, Kageyama you're the birthday boy so do you wan-"

"Nope!" Suga said, slapping Noya's head softly. "It's getting late and Daichi's right, we have lots of practice to do ermmm...."

Suga then remembered. He looked at Hinata, Yamaguchi, Tsukishima, and Kageyama, who all frowned.

"Come on!" Hinata said. "We made up already!"

Everyone chuckled but Coach shook his head. "Everyone." He said more demanding. "Go home now we have lots of practice and stretching to do tomorrow."

At the Tsukishima household
Tsukishima quietly walked to his house, he enjoyed last night. Celebrating Kageyama's special day with the team. It was a memory that he'd never forget.

As he was also at his doorstep, he heard arguing. He went close to the door to hear what was happening.

"Mom you can't be serious THIS IS KEI'S AND MY FUTURE TOO!" Akiteru yelled, in a more pleading way.

"Haven't I babyed you guys enough?" She said coldly. "If your father was here-"

"SHUT UP WITH THE FATHER CRAP. HE DIDNT EVEN CARE ABOUT ME. OR EVEN KEI!" He screamed.

"ITS TRUE!" She screamed back. "YOURE FATHER NEVER WANTED KIDS. But here we are. I found someone else now."

"Mom you can't do this to us! You loved us! YOU CARED ABOUT US!" He yelled.

Tsukishima couldn't handle it anymore, he immediately barged in the door. Akiteru and his mom turned their heads.

Akiteru was crying.

"What happened?" He asked hesitantly.

His mom sighed and walked to him, fake smiling while caressing  his cheek. "I'm gonna start a new life with someone I love now. Take care of each other ok-"

"MOM." Akiteru yelled. "Are you kidding?! Leaving us with no money?! How is Kei gonna go to college without YOUR support?"

"He has you."

"That doesn't add up to the fact that his kids aren't never gonna have grandparents. Cant you just hold on a little longer." He said, more tears threatening to fall. "For the sake of this family?"

She frowned. "You know how I felt when the love of my life left me with two kids?"

"I-"

"Do you know how it feels to have no support from your family at all?!" She yelled. "Come on Akiteru give me a fucking break! Let me be happy for once in my life."

Tsukishima's mouth opened. "So, you were never happy with us..?"

The room was quiet. His mom started crying. After ten minutes of silence. She walked to Tsukishima and hugged him.

"Im sorry boys. But I can't anymore."

That was the last time they ever saw their mother leave.  Tsukishima stood there. Like a small child waiting for their mother to pick them up.

All he could do was watch Akiteru quietly cry. He couldn't do anything that would bring their mother back. He knew so much that all those useless words won't help his brother all.

All he could do is stand there.