grandson

People only see the outside
And ask if the wind is cold
They just ask and pass by
Why ask if you're gonna forget anyway?
-Pinwheel.

"So grandma, you said that you can see spirits too?" We're now in her house which is actually beside grandma's stall. The house was small but cozy, full with pictures.

I look around at the frames arranged neatly on the shelves. Some of them were I guess the pictures when she was younger, but mostly are her with someone. A boy.

Holding up a frame, it was a solo picture of the boy.

"Mhmm." She nodded, arriving with a plate of freshly fried chicken. I instantly placed the frame down and sat opposite her.

"Actually, I had this ability since I was born. Well, some people are born with it right?" She started as I grabbed a piece of chicken, nodding.

"See those pictures, most of them are with my grandson. I have raised him since he was a baby. It's a pity that his parents don't care for him. But push away all the pity, I am sincere in raising him. He turned out to be a healthy and cheerful boy." she said, smiling.

"What happened to him?" I ask carefully.

"Well, when he turns 16, his parents suddenly want him back so they took him to live with them. I was somehow relieved that my grandson can finally get along with his parents but.."

"But?"

"One day when I was closing the store, like just now, I saw my grandson leaning against my stall crying." She let out a bitter smile.

"At first I was surprised and questioned why did he came back, just until I knew everything."

"So he's..."

"My grandson is already gone."

I felt really sad for the old lady. It seemed that she really loved her grandson.

"I'm so sorry grandma.."

"Nah, it's okay. it's been months already. Besides, I can see him and that's what makes me feel that he's still here." She patted my back as I smiled.

"So, you've been seeing spirits too, am I right?"

I sat up straight. "Yes, but how did you know?"

She smiled again. Well, she sure loves to smile huh?

"I just thought that we're probably seeing the same spirit." She said as I let a confused face. Thinking quickly, I shake my head.

"I don't think so.. he looks kinda different. Unlike your grandson, the spirit I'm seeing has short hair. Oh and bright eyes, charming smile..."

"Ahm.." grandma gave me the look, making me realise what I've just said. Did I just compliment a ghost?

"It's just.. I'm so so confused. I'm not born with this ability like you are, and what makes it more weird is that I can only see him."

"Only him?"

"Yes, so I thought there must be a reason. But.. I barely even know him, I swear that I have never seen him before." I sighed.

The old lady's eyebrows knitted, thinking hardly.

"Hmm well basically there are only two reasons that one can see spirits. Firstly, because they are born with it and second if they have some connection between the spirit, whether it is bad or good."

"Maybe he has some grudge on you?" She raised her eyebrows.

I gulp, getting goosebumps. Maybe Han is my old schoolmate that secretly hates me.. and maybe trying to kill me! I shake my hand quickly, No no no way.

"I- I don't think so! I'm 100% sure I have never seen him before. Be-besides.. he's a kinda friendly type of spirit" I gulped.

"Hmm.. friendly? Well, maybe not a grudge after all. Your case here is quite rare sweetie."

"Mhmm, it's been stuck in my head these days." I force a smile.

"How about asking him yourself? you can communicate with him right? spirits know well why a person can see them." She said as I facepalm.

"Grandma..I knew he's dead at first because he is the one who is surprised that I can see him hahahaha." our laughs joined.

"I see.. well, If you need anything your grandma is right here to help ya! you know.. if you need help about spirits and maybe craving for fried chicken.." She smiled. I nodded instantly.

"Omg yes! Grandma, your fried chicken is really best in town! I'll come back for sure! Thank you so much for helping me with my situation! see you soon!" I wave, stepping out of the house.

Once I arrived home, I placed some leftover fried chicken on the kitchen counter for dokyeom and climbed to my room after.

Taking a warm bath, my mind was full of thoughts about my conversation with grandma earlier. Who is he actually? should his soul be resting right now? Why am I the only one that can see him? more and more unsolved questions keep popping up my head.

Getting ready for bed, I switch off the lights and only remain my night lights cause I couldn't sleep if it's too dark or too bright. Setting the alarm on my digital alarm clock, I place the clock on the nightstand.

"BOOO!!"

"AHHHH! WHAT IN THE WORLD?" I halted, literally falling off my bed.

"HAHAHAHAHA GOT YA!" The voice continues to laugh, not caring that my poor figure sprawled on the floor.

"Ouch, Han?! What are you doing here? Get off my bed!" I scratched my head, getting back in bed pushing him away.

"Yah, take it easy woman. I'm just lonely okay.. knowing that you can see me so I went here!"

"Aish fine do whatever you want, just don't disturb me sleep." I scoffed, pulling my blanket.

My eyes were so heavy that I began to drift away just a few seconds later.

.........

"Awww it's still early come on! Yah! are you asleep already?" I said, poking her cheeks. Yup, she's off. I sat back, gazing at her.

It's okay, I'll just let her go this time. "Next time you need to accompany me." Poking her cheeks again, I said to myself.

"Y/N, if you're curious about me, keep in mind that I'm way more curious about you." With that, I left her house.
__________________________________________________________________
Chapter Five Updated! There will be another new character in the next chap weheee! Thank u all for supporting it means a lot to me! vote, comment and share~^^