***

Athena is in my room talking about the research, yet I couldn't understand what she was saying right now, because Elijah went outside without telling me anything. I was so worried that I couldn't help myself.

I excuse myself and escape from the window at the toilet. I run away and start looking for Elijah. Then I heard noises from a dark corner. I run in there and saw Elijah was beaten to death. My blood boils from anger that I couldn't control anymore.

I fight back as they gang me up, beating me to death. My vision started to blur, and the pain was overflowing. I stood up and hit them with my bare hands. My strength is not enough to take them all down. I'm outnumbered.

I fell to the ground when they hit me with a steel pipe. Deep inside, I'm crying in pain. I crawled towards Elijah, who's now very weak, nearly going to die.

"Please live," he whispered to me, and then he was out of breath. I don't wanna think he's dead, but unfortunately, he did die in front of me.

My world shut once again, and my heart shattered once again. I bit my lip to force my tears not to fall; I was shaking from anger, and I didn't think I would end up killing somebody.

My hands were filled with blood, and dead bodies surrounded me. A memory flashed in my mind, the moment when my family was lying dead in front of me.

I fell to my knees as I shook my head, forgetting those memories. I was panting heavily when suddenly police sirens appeared. I run away as fast as I could while tears are falling on my cheek.

I didn't even know where I was going or where will I would be heading. I just end up on a dark street, and a light from a car appeared in front of me, making me fall.

I squint my eyes as a man came out of the car holding a gun. And there I saw him, the man who desperately wants me dead. Benjamin Wilson.

His eyes were full of resentment. My body is already weak, but I still stood up and wanted to fight him, fight him till my very last breath, avenging my brothers who died.

Our battle was very intense. I was nervous and mad at the same time. I felt mixed emotions when I finally met him. We exchanged fists, and we both fell to the ground, even though my arm that shot hurts so bad we were both fighting for the gun.

When I was able to hit him hard, he unconsciously fell to the ground, blinking multiple times. But then what makes me surprised was when he just smiled. A smile of happiness, like he saw someone so dear to him.

"This will be the last day, and finally, I'll meet my daughter once again," he said to himself and stood up.

I was left lying on the ground when he took the gun. When he held the gun, I thought that was the end of me. But I was surprised when he aims the gun at his head.

"UNCLE BENJ DON'T!" a guy shouted from afar while running towards us.

"Jax, I've been waiting this moment for you to kill me, but I guess you couldn't kill me from that weak body of yours, so I'll do it on myself, it doesn't matter if I'm going to hell for what I'm doing, at least I'll saw my daughter once again," he said as he smiled a little at me, then he pulled the trigger.

Blood was splashing all over my face, and I was out of words. My whole body was quivering and from what all happened, my mind couldn't process it properly. All I ever thought about at that moment was to run away. Runaway from all of this mess.

And so I left him on the ground. I run away from there without looking back. I burst into tears again, remembering everything that had happened today. I end up in the woods; I was on my knees panting heavily, catching air to breathe on.

I saw an old cabin in the woods, and I stayed there for the night. I went to a lake to wash. I saw my reflection in the water; I looked so messy. The drips of my hair wipe out my reflection.

I spend the night in the cabin, but I wasn't sleeping. I was weeping about how my brothers passed away, feeling all alone again, feeling I have left again in this cruel world.

After that day, an old lady came into the cabin.

"Oh, dear! Young man, are you ok?" I rubbed my eyes and squint them to look at her clearer.

"Oh, I'm so sorry for interrupting your sleep, but do you need help?" She said again while bringing logs on her arm. She was around 80-year-old.

"Uhm... Grandma, I need food," I said in a low voice.

The old woman smiled at me with no teeth. Her eyes disappeared and her charm shines.

"Of course! Come with me" she turns her back to me and led the way. I followed her like a child. As we arrive at her place, she lets me sit on her small chair with a table.

"I'll cook porridge for you" she places the log on the fire as she stirs on a pot.

She places the porridge in the bowl and handed it to me.

"Please enjoy, I'm sorry that's all I could afford to feed you"

"It's okay grandma, this is enough, I appreciate it," I answered her with a smile.

"Oh! What a handsome young man. If I'm younger, I would surely marry you," she said as she teases me.

After two months, I stayed in her place and was getting to know more about ourselves. Within that two months, I was also thinking of surrendering myself and taking full responsibility for what I did. For my crime of killing 5 men.

I never told grandma about my past and what I did. I don't want to scare her. But I know if she knew the true me, maybe she'll get mad at me.

I left her as I told her I'll continue my studies. Before leaving, she even gave me a good luck kiss on the forehead, and with that, I missed my mom; I saw my mom on her and I couldn't help myself to tear up again. I gave her a very last tight hug before I depart from her.