8: Investigation

"Athena, are you ok?" Mrs

"Athena, are you ok?" Mrs. Wilson asked me in concern after she saw my spoon slip into my hands.

"Uhh—yeah! I'm alright" I place my hair at the back of my ears as I answered her.

After dinner, Dash takes me to my apartment. I tried to take the helmet off, but I was struggling with it, so he reaches his hand to me and help me to take it.

"You haven't changed at all, you always struggle to unlock helmets" he mockingly laughed at me, so I smack him on his shoulder, and he yelped in pain as stroked it gently.

"Chill Bruh!" He said as he continues to caress his shoulder.

"Drive safe" I smiled at him before I turn my back on him. As I arrive at my apartment, I let my body fall from the bed and took the letter Mr. Wilson handed to me earlier.

I opened the letter and read it with my mind. And it turns out, my mother is leaving the country with her fiancee, that's good for her, no one will ever bother me anymore. And she also states her address and contact number if anything happens. I place the letter in my drawer and changed my clothes.

The next day I was rushing to get out of my apartment because I didn't notice the time and I was running late. I was busy running while checking my bag if there was anything I forgot, then suddenly I bumped into someone and it causes me to fall to the ground and drop my bag.

"I'm so sorry—Oh! Ms. Athena?"

I lift my head and I was surprised to see Mr. Beckett in his civilian clothes while holding a drink. He helped me stand up and handed me my bag.

"Mr. Beckett, are you off duty?" I asked him while repeating my gaze looking at my wristwatch.

"You look like you're in a hurry. I think you must go," he answered me.

"Yup, I have to go" I instantly rushed going to my school and I couldn't even say thank you to Mr. Beckett for helping me out there. As I arrive, the class just ended. I Sighed heavily and leaned on the door.

"Dang it!" I exclaimed in frustration.

Keanu came toward me and handed me his notebook. "Here, some notes"

"Oh gosh! Thank you, Keanu"

"No worries—Uhm, well, the class is over. Do you wanna hang out? If you don't mind?" His cheeks started to burn from embarrassment.

"Yep! Sure"

His cheeks even got more red, like a tomato almost gonna explode. We went to an arcade, when we arrive we played 'house of the dead' shooting zombies and win tickets to buy some prizes. We enjoyed ourselves a lot and have some fun.

The time was so fast; we didn't notice it was already dark. We walked together while eating at McDonald's that we bought, just some fries and a burger.

"You know what, I thought you were a shy type of guy, now I spend time with you, you do have a side of being a naughty guy aren't you"