16: On Fire

Dedicated to: Sage_Xrachen

***

The rain burst that night, and Jett went home in drenched clothes. He instantly took his upper clothes and place them in the laundry.

"How's your day?" Charlotte said as she came toward him. She took some dry clothes that she prepared for him to change.

"I got some few information about the Lombardi's massacre"

"So you went there?! Hasn't Elijah told you about it to stop because it's dangerous?!" she exclaimed in frustration.

"Babe, Jax needs me"

"And we need you too," charlotte replied as he took a glance at their child. He was silent for a second. Both of them lock their eyes on one another.

Jett pulled her and held the back of her head to lean it against his chest in a protective manner.

"I promise, nothing's gonna happen to me" Jett pressed his lips on her head and caress her back, consoling her.

Jett couldn't stop thinking about what he heard with the witness to everything. It's best if he could talk to his sister too, but as he said, she's in jail for a false accusation.

The following day, he went to visit Jax in prison. A phone jail visit. Jax arrives in his orange uniform. There are officers in every corner of the room. Dexter was there, too. He sat and took the phone to his side.

"Jett," he said, as his eyes were cornered by tears.

"How are you?" he replied.

"I'm doing fine. I made some friends in here too," Jax said as he smiled at him.

"That's good. I have to tell you something about the incident"

Jax automatically raises his brows, because he knew this is regarding his family. "I met the witness of the crime," he continued. Jax leans closer to the window, with his curiosity flowing within him.

"Tell me more about it"

***

"Athena I have to go"

"But we just—" she wasn't able to finish what she was going to say because her father stood up and fix his things, ready to go.

"Alright," Athena said with a weary tone in her voice. Her father came to her and kiss her on the head before leaving.

Athena's gaze followed her father going back to his car. And an idea came up to her mind. 'following him isn't bad, right?' he thought to herself. She checks at the window if her father already left.

She took her things and immediately called Dash. She wasn't bothered her father was far away from her because she got a GPS on him that she put earlier in his pocket.