14: Busted

"I thought you were dead?" Athena was full of questions to ask her father, who was sitting right in front of him in formal attire

She wanted to hug him and tell him how much she misses him, but she couldn't do it. Her mind doesn't sink to what everything just happened, she just couldn't believe it.

"All this time I was suffering because I miss you, I need you, yet you just hid away from me?—Why did you run away?—Why didn't you tell me?"

"Athena, I have also a lot of things to tell you. I just couldn't say it. For now, all I could say is, I'm sorry," her father said as they both look into each other's eyes.

A liquid fell on her cheeks as she smiled and hugged her father.

"It doesn't matter anymore, Father. come back home" she buried her face under her father's neck and started sobbing. He hugged her tightly and calm her down.

Both of them spend the day together to repay the time they lost. "Alright, where do you want to go?" Her father asked.

"I wanna go to that place," she pointed out in that certain place.

He opened the car door and let her daughter sit in the passenger seat. He shut the door as soon as Athena entered, and he followed right after. He started the engine, and the car started moving.

"Father, do you have any plans on going home? With me?" Athena turned on her father, waiting patiently for him to speak.

Her father was about to answer her when suddenly his phone rang and the caller's name popped: Noah. Her father immediately turned it down and place his phone in the back seat, ignoring the call.

It confused Athena; the name Noah was so familiar to her like she already met that guy. She turns her gaze to the window, forcing herself not to think about anything, yet she couldn't help but recall the moment when someone introduces himself as Noah when she was about to get hit in the car.

They arrived on the beach, and a small house near it where the family usually stays and bonds together. They entered the house and still saw the markings she did when she was a child; it was still visible there.

They sat on a bench and watched how the waves smashed on the shore.

"Missing the good old days," she commented as the breeze embraced every inch of her skin.

"Now, will you tell me everything that happens to you?" Athena started the conversation.

"It was a long story"

"It is because you disappeared 3 years ago," she said sarcastically and place her hair at the back of her ear.

"I was driving in the car and a truck purposely hit me and my brake wasn't working so I fell on the cliff, I thought that was the end of me but, an old lady found me," he said as his gaze were on the sea.