25: End's Beginning

Her lips curved up to her ears

Her lips curved up to her ears. Happiness flows all over her body as Macey felt relieved that her case is now closed and clarified. Suddenly the door opens and Charles came in with his hands inserted into his pocket.

Macey runs toward him and hugged him tightly.

"You did it, didn't you?" She asked him while her arms were still wrapped around his neck.

"Jax Lombardi, an escaped prisoner from the fire incident, is now arrested after killing another victim in Larkus lake past 3 in the morning. The victim was identified as Henry Wilson and they found another body identified as Lucas McCarthy. The authorities are still investigating the crime,"

Everyone turns their gaze to the television, and they were all speechless at that moment. The ambiance was heavy. After hearing what was reported, Jett was staring in nowhere, so as was his wife. Macey bit her lips and close her eyes, forcing herself not to cry again. Both Ace and Gordon clenched their fist, feeling guilty about something.

"This isn't fair. We should surrender too," Gordon speaks, making everyone turn their attention to him.

"We're also prisoners and this is so unfair to him, we should surrender too," Gordon continued. "that's right," Ace speaks and stood up.

Jett sighs heavily and looks at them. "I agree with that."

Gordon and Ace turn their gaze on Macey, who's now looking so worried. She bit her lips and looks at both of them.

"Thank you, thank you for everything. I was so grateful I was able to meet you guys"

"Same here, Macey," Ace said, and pats her head. Macey's cheeks burn like a tomato ready to explode as Ace touched her.

"Don't worry, we'll visit you guys," Charles said, which makes Gordon's smiles widen.

"Make sure to complete your sentence and don't escape again. I'll be expecting you guys to be officially released soon," Charlotte speaks that making both Gordon and Ace chuckle.

"Roger that!" Gordon salutes.

"And soon we'll reunite again"

They all look at each other. Jett held Charlotte's hands and Macey hugged his brother once again. Gordon looks at Ace, giving him a cringed look, with his weird smile and weird brows keep on going up and down.

"Don't even think about it"

***

Dash takes Athena home. Her face was wet from crying and her hair was a mess, a completely drained woman.

He looks at her with concern. Athena stayed standing in front of him, staring at nowhere. Dash held the back of her head and lean it against his chest.

"You'll be fine... we'll be fine." He whispered.

After a minute, he let go of her. He gave her a smile to cheer her up a little. Then right after Dash takes his leave.

Athena opened the door. As she lifts her gaze, her stepfather was standing in front of her with open arms. She didn't hesitate and immediately run towards him and hugged him tightly. She burst out sobbing on his stepfather's chest. Mykel pats her back slowly.