❌ Dance With Me

Summary: Jay needs Dick to teach him how to dance for a Wayne gala. They end up getting a little distracted. [1,367 words]

Note: Prompt from @Myssalyssa1001 'Dick teaching Jay to dance'.

...........................................................

The complete version of this fic is only available on Archive Of Our Own (for more info on why, please see the Table Of Contents). A link to the fic is provided at the bottom of the chapter, under External Link. If you are not on desktop, please see the link to my AO3 in my bio, or the JayDick Oneshots masterpost on my profile (under the 'Conversations' tab. Scroll to 29 March, 2023) for the direct links to the fics.

...........................................................

A short preview:
.

Jason walked into the bedroom like a man on a mission. "I need you to teach me to dance. Ballroom dancing."

Dick looked up from his laptop. "Oh? Why; for the gala? You've gotten through them fine before without it."

"Yeah but I'll be dancing with you this time. I don't want to fuck it up."

"Oh you won't fuck it up," Dick reassured, pushing back from his desk and going over to Jason. He pulled out his phone and pulled up YouTube, and set a playlist of slow waltzes to play, turning the volume up, putting his phone back in his pocket, and holding his hands out to Jason.

He settled one hand on Jason's waist and Jason hesitantly set his hand on his shoulder and intertwined their free hands. 

"Let me lead," Dick directed. "Step back with your right foot." Dick stepped forward as he stepped back. "Left foot one step to the left. Bring your right foot over. Forward with the left. Forward with the right — no, to the other side. Now bring your left foot over. There you go, then you just repeat that."

Jason sighed. "I'm fucked."

"No, no you're not." Dick kissed him. "Come on, let's try it again."

They ran through the steps a few more times with Dick's prompting, and Dick managed to get them in time with the music, but Jason kept forgetting the steps and fumbling and he was growing steadily more frustrated.

"It's okay Little Wing, you can't expect to get it right off."

"I'm not getting it at all."

Dick stopped dancing and dropped his hands to Jason's hips. "Maybe you need to loosen up. I think you're thinking about it too hard, you just need to move with my lead and not think so hard about the steps."

"I can't."

Dick leaned up to nuzzle against his nose. "You can. Dance with me." He pulled his phone out and switched the music to something more upbeat and modern, and pushed it back into his pocket, pulling Jason against him. 

He swayed his hips and stepped forward, making Jason take a step back with him, and then he rocked them to the side, humming along to the music. "There we go, just move with me."

They danced until the song drew to a close and YouTube autoplayed the next video. Dick's eyes lit up at the opening notes and he began to lead them in a wild swing, loudly singing along as Jason laughed.

"He's a one stop shop, makes the panties drop; He's a sweet talkin' sugar coated candy man," he belted out shamelessly, running a hand over Jason's bicep as they danced. 

"You're a fucking troublemaker," Jason laughed out.

"Oh am I?" Dick interrupted his singing to ask, pulling Jason close and moving sinuously against him. "Maybe you should do something about me."

"Aren't you supposed to be teaching me to dance?" But Jason's hands were slipping under Dick's shirt to trace over the soft skin of his waist.

"I think you were supposed to be learning how to move with my body better. Call it a case study."

[...]