❌ Heavy

Summary: Dick is struggling with an eating disorder in secret. And then it's not so secret. He's so fucking tired. [11,146 words]

CW: eating disorders, depression/low self-esteem, brief mention of sexual assault, brief thoughts of death, emetophobia warning

...........................................................

The complete version of this fic is only available on Archive Of Our Own (for more info on why, please see the Table Of Contents). A link to the fic is provided at the bottom of the chapter, under External Link. If you are not on desktop, please see the link to my AO3 in my bio, or the JayDick Oneshots masterpost on my profile (under the 'Conversations' tab. Scroll to 29 March, 2023) for the direct links to the fics.

...........................................................

A short preview:
.

Dick kicked the scale and let out a slow, deep breath, closing his eyes. He knew he shouldn't have checked. It didn't— It didn't really mean anything with the amount of muscle he had, of course it was going to be high, it was supposed to be, and— Oh god, he was terrified to look at his BMI, but certain he wouldn't be able to stop his morbid curiosity, just like with the scale. BMI charts didn't really apply to people with high muscle mass (and it was kind of debatable how much they applied to anyone. It was kind of bullshit and didn't make much sense to be relied on so heavily as a diagnostic tool), but that didn't mean it wouldn't still feel just as damning. Just like the weight.

[...]