Chapter 35:Flirt

(Y,n)'s POV
    (e,c) eyes scan from left to right from the crack in the doorway. No one in the immediate area. That same gaze looks vigintly when opening the partition wider. Once more, nothing's there. I peaked my head out in the hallway to check and see if the coast is clear as I hesitantly stepped into the morning light, looking here... than there. Just like I hoped for the umpteenth time, the hallways are scarce of any other estate occupants. Thank the gods... Exhaling with relief, I opened the door to the room wider now knowing the area's empty.

   I placed my hands up on my hips and breathed in deeply- no stifling air, bright sunshine coming from the windows around the area, and no people! I can already tell today's going to be a good day! Time to be a productive person! There's nothing you need to worry about, and no need to burrow back into the safety of your room anymore. You've already spent so long in there with just your thoughts as it is-

     "My my~, why are you so cautious to leave your room, (y,n)?" A chill crawled up my spine like a spider when the insect pillar instantly appeared by my side- an immediate tempt for me to turn around and return to a quiet space, all to myself with just lock and key. The walkway... it was just empty a literal second ago, unbelievable!

     If I didn't know some Hashira are capable of moving at such inhuman speeds, I'm sure I would've had a heart attack from the surprising entrance...

    "Ah! I uhm... I a-actually don't know how to answer that question..." I laughed sheepishly, rubbing the back of my neck when the Hashira gave a few silent blinks. Yeah, I really don't understand what was the purpose of checking the hallways beforehand, it's kind of pointless when stunts like the one Shinobu just pulled are possible. Hell, she was probably watching my little ordeal unfold this whole time, by the sounds of it.

    "You're not still afraid to confront Tanjiro about what happened, are you?" The woman questioned me while cocking a tilt of her head to such a mention. I keened with a slight cringe.

    "Of cOuRSe nOT! I'm doing just fine with that!" What a telltale that was. It's obvious I'm lying. Scared to see him? Yes. Even more frightened to come to terms with why I refuse to see him? Absolutely. If we randomly bumped into eachother without having said anything between the past few days, oh, how the awkard tensions would skyrocket.

    When seeing the look I gave after my uncertain answer, the pillar sighed, and smiled, only putting the subject to the side for the time being since knowing what situation I'm in.

    "Very well, I'll take your word for that..." She started,

    "Anyways, can you... do something for me please? Since, you're now starting to get out of your room again."

    "Oh, yeah. What'd you have in mind?" I smirked at her request, waiting for her to inform me about the details as she put her smile back up when seeing my excitement. This is perfect! On a day that I'm itching with boredom to do something, I'm wouldn't mind at all to fill in any needed favors! It's about time to start moving around again, even for some of the more 'tedious' considered tasks.

    The woman pulled out a folded piece of paper from her pocket, and she neatly smoothed the small note out on the wall before finally handing it to me. "Lately, I've been running low on some ingredients I need, but I haven't had the time to actually buy them. Would it be a problem for you to go to the village not too far from here and get these for me? The stores they're sold at are written down on the side so you're not going on any wild goose chase." I looked down at the list with curious eyes, and let me tell you, never before have I even heard of some of the things written on the paper!

    I folded it up to tuck into my shirt pocket. "It won't be an issue at all!" I beamed when she handed me a pouch of what sounds to be a series of coins. Most likely, this is monet for the future costs of the needed items. I admit it, errands aren't exactly the most exciting thing to do, but it's better than just sitting around while time passes by. Thoughts... tend to dally away the longer they're left unsupervised, and what they return with is never very pleasant. I could use a distraction.