Chapter 50:Death

???'s POV
    Heh, I feel so... light. It's like I've just lost all the weight in my body, making me seem like I'm nothing more than a feather. Actually, now that I acknowledge it... I can't feel anything below the chin.

    What the-... hell?

    O-oh, I understand what's just happened... I've been decapitated, defeated by the girl with the (h,c) hair. She completely defied the laws of physics and harnessed the power of an attack I'd deflected, using it against me to break through my defense. Damn, she's talented.

    I think I've been in over my head the second she found me on the streets of this village, I was doomed to fail in that very moment. There's no way I could've out-done a stunt like that. I still can't believe it, this is my final concluding battle! ... How I've secretly yearned for this day to come. Being a demon is nothing but a tiring struggle.

    I always thought being slashed would be a painful process, and yes, there was some pain in the moment that this slayer's sword surfaced on the other side of my neck, but after just a few seconds, this occurrence has turned into a tranquil ordeal.

    I sighed with acquiescence as my head slowly fell to the grassy ground, and in that time span... my life briefly flashed before my eyes.

    I was a young man before my life was turned upside down, training to be the next big-shot warrior among my village's regimen of soldiers. Makes sense why I'm so good with weapons. Yeah, I was a little rough around the edges and stale as a person, but I also had a lovable sarcastic sense of humor. The former me was a well-known friend, and a welcoming individual throughout my home town.

    ... What a life I was forced to leave behind.

    "Hah..." My mouth breathed out a sorrowful laugh when my headless body limply keeled backwards, bloodying my purple top with the crimson liquid that spilled out from my severed neck.

    The fighter who finished me off landed on her feet tactically, and she let my red lifeline slide off her clean blade when shaking away the blood. That entrancing golden color of her eyes dulled back to their original (e,c) hue while the blue flames and waves around her disappeared into the nothingness of the air.

    I've never seen a slayer do that before.

    "That was so..." The boar-headed boy that'd tagged along with the group paused when getting up to his feet, jumping energetically when he soon proceeded to shout in joy.

    "THAT WAS SO COOL, (MISPRONOUNCED NAME)!!! Can you fight me with that technique too?!" He snarled excitedly when pointing to himself, causing the blonde near him to release a heavy groan and shake his head in disappointment.

    Walking up to his friend, the properly dressed comrade grabbed the feral boy by his ankles, completely pulling him off his feet. "Annnnd this is the part where I slowly drag you away before you do anything stupid."

    "HEY!! Lemme go, Zentitsuru!" He struggled against the strong hold while he was pulled out of the area, and his yells of disagreement echoed across the walls of the buildings as the burgundy-headed warrior watched them in bewilderment.

    "G-guys! Where are you going???" The one with the scar atop his forehead yelped when the demon girl ran off with the other people in their team. I'm still wondering why that demon is working with all these humans, I mean... aren't us demons supposed to be eating people? How is she possibly doing all this and not being attracted by the smell of human blood??

    He took a few awkward steps forward when the female slayer followed along, but something inside of me flipped on at the sight of her leaving. I can't just let her walk away this easily, I need to ask her something- !