Chapter 57:Propechy

Tanjiro's POV
   "Wow, time went by so fast... the sun's already beginning to set..." (y,n) shielded her eyes as we walked out from the cave, happy, full of content, and definitely with some lasting memories following behind us. She moved her hair to the side to look at the orange and yellow hues from the sky, and chuckled to herself at the sight of the near breathtaking view. Time has barely even applied to us throughout the hours that have passed, everything just blurred out as we've basically done whatever we want.

    Call me greedy, but I wish our time together would've lasted longer, just a little bit. Though, all good things have to end at some point, and we can't stay for the absolute entire day.

    Just like before, when I'd first spotted the cave, the girl and I navigated our way through the forest and back towards the dirt trail. "Oh! I forgot to say," (y,n) tugged on my haori sleeve to get my attention while I moved a branch out of the way for the both of us. She smiled merrily, straying her line of sight from me with blush-pink cheeks as I hummed.

    "Thanks for taking me out today, I really enjoyed this!" She said as we both stepped out from the hold of the trees around us, walking back over to the path delightfully. I amusedly chuckled at her excitement as I stepped up to her, but when I went to say something, I stopped to look at the town we'd abandoned to venture on our pure rendezvous.

    The crowds... have completely disappeared. There are only a few people left out on the streets, doing whatever's necessary at a time like this. Guess we missed the rush of the afternoon.

    Bingo.

    "Ya' know..." I glanced from the town and back to my significant other, flipping on an idea in my mind.

    "We don't have to end this day now, If you're hungry, we can go get some food like we were going to earlier!" I suggested the idea of staying out longer, and (y,n)'s face burst with joy at that mention.

    "You'd want to do that?"

    "Of course I would! After all, I am a little hungry myself!" I laughed sheepishly, trying to ignore the annoying emptiness in my stomach. I've been able to hold out since my early morning meal, but even that can only last so long before my hunger really starts to become a real pain to deal with.

    "I'm sure we'll be able to find a food stand to eat at!" She snapped her fingers as she changed up the plans, and gestured for me to follow her whilst skipping over to the entrance.

    I looked at her for a moment in delight, but that only lasted for a second before my eyes trailed to the distance between us. Even if it's only just a little over half a foot from me, it still feels strange, not having that gap closed nearly all the way. The side of my body facing hers feels cold in the breeze of the day, and dang, it sure is torturing me. I wonder... if it'd be too much to just...

    Craving to get just a bit closer, but afraid to make her uncomfortable, I carefully lifted my arm up behind (y,n)'s back as we took the path leading further into the village, and I gulped down my breath when feeling the wisping touches of her haori swaying against my fingertips.

    I bit my lip after I moved closer and my arm finally found its way to (y,n)'s waist to pull her next to me, making her look up to me blankly when her body reacted to the action. Is she okay with this? I didn't even bother to ask if she is, I hope I'm not pushing my luck -

   My chest sent butterflies up throughout me when; instead of pulling back and doing exactly what I thought she might do, she shifted in the position to adjust my hand at a better angle for her to be more comfortable, treating my action as if it's a normal thing.