Chapter 18:Futon

(Y,n)’s POV
    “T-t-two rooms… p-please.” 

    “Oh my word! What happened to you all?!” A decently highted, middle aged woman in a simple pink kimono and a small black bun looked at us from over a wooden counter. She gasped at the shivering state that we were in, slapping her hands onto her cheeks in worry.

    It turned out, when the cave collapsed, we were all thrown out onto the other side of the mountain. Once we found that out, navigating our way back to the village got easier. Besides ofcourse, the fact that trudging through the snow was a living hell.

    Obviously, we couldn’t just sleep outside like we usually did. So now here we were, renting a place to stay for the night at one of the inn’s in the town beside the mountain. “Please, right this way! Quickly!” The woman rushed us into a lantern-lit hallway, opening the doors to two available rooms.

    “Let me get you all some extra blankets… oh, you poor kids!” The middle aged inn owner gave us a sympathetic look, running into another room down the walkway as fast as she could without tripping over the front of her kimono.

    I sighed while quietly turning to one of the rooms that the woman had opened the door to. My lips adopted a lopsided grin at the sight of the futon at the center of the room, my body basically begging for rest. I didn’t hesitate to jump into the awaiting covers, Only bothering to take off my haori and sword.

    I snuggled into the warmth of the futon, letting out a satisfactory hum into the soft pillow. I let my hair down from it's ponytail and brushed the snowflakes that riddled my hair out onto the floor. I let out a long drawn yawn, allowing the tiredness that’s been building up after so many hours to finally take control my senses.

Tanjiro’s POV
    I placed Nezuko’s box down next to one of the futons the woman had set down for us, sitting down beside it afterward. I rubbed my eyes with my hands, sheepishly yawning all the while. When I lowered my hands, I found Zenitsu, now sitting on the end of my futon with his legs crossed out in front of him

    He rested his head on his knuckles, giving me a suspicious glare. “Zenitsu? Is something the matter-” 

    “You’ve seemed awfully strange lately… Tanjiro…” The blonde boy narrowed his eyes at me, putting a huge amount of emphasis on the word “strange”. 

    “Hm? What do you mean by that?” I gave him a befuddled glance, I really didn’t understand what he was talking about. Had I been acting differently recently?? I haven’t noticed any type of change in me whatsoever.

    “You’ve been acting weird ever since (mispronounced name) joined us!” Inosuke pushed Zenitsu out of the way, removing his boar head and giving me a smug smile.

    “SEE! Even Inosuke noticed, And he knows practically nothing about this type of stuff! Don’t think I haven’t seen the look on your face when you two talk, not to mention how you and (y,n) are practically glued to each other every second of the day!” Zenitsu sat up, talking as if he was lecturing me. I couldn't help but feel overwhelmed by this confrontation, especially since it came so out of the blue.

    “I know what it is, you lik- !” 

    “Mantigo’s trying to find (mispronounced name)’s weaknesses so he can beat her in a fight! That’s obviously it!” Inosuke crossed his arms over his chest, proud of his false revelation. Zenitsu slowly turned to face the emerald-eyed boy, glaring at him intently.

    He walked over to the door of the room, peeking his head out into the hallway with a conniving look. “Hey… Inosuke~, there’s someone down the hallway saying they’re giving out free food to anyone who beats them in a fight.” Zenitsu leaned back into the room, wearing the most unconvincing smile he could possibly conjure up.