Chapter 47:Wallet

(y,n)'s POV
Tanjiro and I continued to watch the bright fireworks go off in the air as we talked about one random subject after the next, by now, the sun has finalized its cycle for the day and parted, leaving the moon to accompany the night atmosphere.

It's too bad we haven't gotten much done today, I can only hope that Zenitsu and Inosuke have been blessed with a more promising streak of luck when snooping out information.

I glanced to the left when the faint sound of a latch unlocking met my ears, and I perked up from happiness while seeing the Kamado sister peak her head out past the rim of the opening to her mahogany box.

"Ah, Nezuko! How'd you sleep?" Tanjiro bent down next to the box after noticing his sibling has awoken, and he greeted her as she flashed him a joyous thumbs-up. Releasing a satisfactory hum, she climbed out of her safe-haven, growing to her normal size while she shook away her tiredness. I'm grateful there aren't many people are left out here, otherwise, we'd surely be the center of attention after that inhuman stunt.

I smirked deviously as I recalled her mood yesterday, and I caught Nezuko's attention with my teasing look. "Hey, remember what I told you last night, about the festival?" I questioned her while gesturing my shoulder towards the fireworks being shot off in the air, wearing an elated grin. She turned her gaze to where I directed her focus, and the instant she finally got a good look of the festivities she's surrounded by, all I can say is; Nezuko completely outshone the fireworks as she burst into a frenzied sense of joy!! I don't think I've ever seen her so happy!

She pulled my hands into hers and started to jump up and down, I guess this is her way of thanking me!! "Do you want to go back into the town to look at the festivities?"

"Mhmm!!!" She rushed over to her brother when giving a quick response to his suggestion, taking ahold of his hand and practically dragging him behind her as she ran towards the path that leads into the Blossom village. I chuckled quietly at how quickly they left me behind, and I soon started to follow in the wake of the Kamado siblings.

*Later*

Walking down a dirt path surrounded by Sakura trees with my two other squad-mates, I observed in amusement as Nezuko tinkered with the delicate contraptions on the pink lantern Tanjiro bought for her just a while ago. I gently shooed away some of the sakura petals that are floating through the air, and my eyes sparkled lightly as the moonlight hit their tiny pink bodies at just the right time to make them seem like they're stars falling from the sky.

I've always liked this part of the festival, when everyone else is gone, and you have a chance to really see the beauty of this town at it's peak wonder. Missing this experience over the years really has done a number on my heart, and it's only making me more happy to be here with my friends.

"Hey, (y,n)..." I looked at Tanjiro as he tapped my shoulder, gifting him a soft smile as he glanced over at his sister.

"Thankyou... for giving Nezuko this chance to experience all this. It's not often when she gets to act like she's still human, even if this isn't much... I'm to see that she's had a good time!" The boy said wistfully while draping an arm around my shoulder, and his action caused a shy tint of red to mix into the colors of my cheeks.

"It's been a while since I've shown her some of the things she used to enjoy... and I'm grateful to know that this festival has let her relax for once. So, I thank you for this! Not only for Nezuko, but for me too! Truth be told, I have been... envying the thought of a break from demon slaying!" Tanjiro trailed off with a guilty laugh whisking out from his lips, and I joined along in his chuckle as when he admitted that his basic CONSTANT commitment to demon slaying has faulted for once. Only the people that actually know Tanjiro are aware of the absolute workaholic he is, and gosh, he sure does work his ass off!!