Chapter 2:Butterfly mansion

Tanjiro's POV
"Tanjiro what happened?! Why'd you run off?!" Zenitsu huffed from not too far away, already completely out of breath. What was quite surprising to me, was that he hadn't yet seen the injured girl in my embrace.

I knew something was wrong the second I smelled blood in the air, seems like it was a good thing I didn't just ignore it. Though I was definitely expecting to find someone wounded, I really wasn't anticipating to catch a demon slayer that I could only assume fell from an almost hundred-foot drop.

"Hey, Kabito! Stop being so quiet and tell us what's happening!" Inosuke yelled, getting my name wrong like he always did. In only seconds him and Zenitsu were arguing, but I was too distracted to try and break them up. At the moment, I had my undivided attention on the (h,c)-haired girl in my arms, (Y,n).

She had multiple cuts all over, the one in her side alarmingly deep. (Y,n) was slipping in and out of consciousness, and I was baffled to see that even in the disoriented state that she was in, the girl still had her sword tightly gripped in her dominant hand.

"Tanji...ro?" Zenitsu paused with unease laced through his voice, it seemed that he'd finally noticed (y,n). He took a few shakey steps back, his mouth becoming incapable of forming a complete sentence.

"I-is she still a-alive?" He stuttered, the color draining from his face in absolute horror. Just to be safe, I checked her pulse, gently setting (y,n) down in the grass as I searched for a sign of life.

"Yeah, it's faint, but she's still ali-"

"A demon must have done this!!" Inosuke yelled, quickly cutting me off.

"LET'S GO TEACH THAT DAMN DEMON A LESSON!!" He screamed, looking around the forest for some type of opponent.

"Inosuke hold on! What if you get just as hurt as her!" Zenitsu argued with a reasonable defense, pointing at (y,n).

"HA! Please, I can take down ANY demon, no matter what!"

"You know, Zenitsu's got a good point. Plus, we don't even know how this happened." I interrupted their quarrel, shifting from one knee than to the other. Inosuke looked at me then to (y,n), it took him over a minute to actually recognize her.

"Hey isn't she that girl you talked to at the butterfly mansion?" He questioned, scratching his face beneath his boar head.

*flashback*

We were all at the butterfly estate again because of our injuries, our bad habit of getting wounded had now resulted in us becoming regularly visiting patients in Shinobu's care.

I was walking through the quiet hallways of the mansion, Inosuke's yells rung out from the room we were staying in as he refused to take the medicine Aoi was forcing him to take. No matter how far away you were, you could always hear him!

I chuckled at the thought of the boar-headed slayer as I opened the door to the garden. Something, or more like someone, suddenly causing me to stop in my tracks.

There was a girl sitting on a large rock, oblivious to my stare. She had long, (h,c) hair, clear (s,c) skin, and was a little shorter than me. Her haori was a beautiful (f,c), the fabric swayed in the wind as she pulled up the sleeve of her uniform to reveal a bloodied arm. No doubt about it, she was a demon slayer.

Instead of walking up to her I simply stood there, my legs locked and refused to move. "What is wrong with you Tanjiro..." I whispered to myself, annoyed at my hesitation. I was always so good with people, what was so different about her?