Chapter 54:Concussion

(y,n)'s POV
    "Hey, I'll cut you a deal, this just doesn't look like the way I imagined killing you. This was too... bland, too easy. When the day comes... I want to put on a show." I looked at the pink-haired demon as best as I could as hatred flooded through my eyes, and I desperately wanted to pull my chin away from his grasp while he neared me. My blackening vision is stopping me from seeing much of anything at this point, but I can still hear, though I'd rather not in this case.

    I hate having to hear this man's voice, I hate it with every fiber in my body.

    This all feels like one sick dream, especially when my name keeps echoing throughout my head from somewhere off in the distance. Who could be calling out to me? 

    "I'll let you and your friends run free this time around. Note that; when we cross paths again..."

    "-(y,... n)!!" There it is again! My name! This instance sounds much louder than the rest, almost like whoever is calling me is just a door away.

    My notice steered back to the amber-eyed demon as his lips neared dangerously close to mine, but just when the warmth feeling of his breath slithered over my chin like a heat wave of hungry need, a bright, and holy flash of white completely took over my gaze.

    "-(y,n) please wake up!!!" My eyes shot open in the moment that my mind recognized that the pleads are coming from my comrade, Zenitsu, and the first thing I clung onto was the sight of the sun glaring down at me from where it's strung in the sky. How the heck is it morning already...

    With a stifled whimper, I squinted my eyes to slowly let them adjust to the shining daylight, racking my brain to wake up entirely so I can make sense of everything. I looked to the right of my form as the soreness of my muscles trickled down throughout me and stabbed at certain areas of my body, and I caught a glance of the blonde slayer in my team, who's on his knees next to me.

    His eyes look tired and watered out, I can tell he's been crying for a while now. But why???

    ... Last night... he came to my aid when I was being taken over by the pink-haired demon. I don't know what caused it, but in only a few minutes, he'd already been defeated without so much of a touch from our enemy. I hope he's okay.

    "Oh thank god, you're ok! I thought you'd never wake up, (y,n)! I... I need your help!"

    "C-calm down... what's the issue?" I slowly got up to address him as I supported my aching head in one hand, and the sore feeling of pain in my throat made each little syllable sting when they slipped out of my mouth.

    Before my comrade could answer my question, I looked down at my lap after feeling something slide off my chest. Even if I tried to swallow down my worried thoughts after seeing the article of clothing, all I managed to do is take in a sharp inhale with my parched throat at the sight.

    It's Tanjiro's haori. Wait... Tanjiro-...

*Flashback*

    I'm forced to watch in silent and pleading despair as the demon slammed his fist down onto Tanjiro's head with brute force. When having to see my comrade's body lifelessly fall to the ground, when all I can do is witness the boy be knocked out by the very man I've been trying to kill for so long, I want nothing more than to slaughter that demon.

    Still... I'm being as useful as a grain of salt right now. I swore to defend Tanjiro from the foe that has attacked us, and yet... I can't even muster up the strength to reach for my sword.