She stayed quiet. 

It was true, their relationship started off like a fairy tale but he just chose to become an abusive and obsessive boyfriend: Making sure she always sent pictures of where she was and who she was with, not letting her go anywhere without his knowledge or him as chaperone, restricting her, shouting at her, he started to slap her before it got worse. She ended it after she was left in similar conditions the class left her in. 

Her affection soon died out after his sudden turn in behaviour. She could no longer imagine nor to even try and think of a future with them together without anything bad happening, her not being happy, being forced, not having a say in what happened. That wasn't the future she pictured for herself nor did she want, she would never wish that on anyone. 

"That prick, I just wanna strangle him. I should've done more than punch him."  this earnt a chuckle from the bluenette. 

"I wish you did, I wish I did." she confessed. 

Alfred had carefully bandaged her foot, the material very different to the one the hospital in Paris had but secure. Her boot covered it, it wouldn't bring any sort of unwanted attention her way when her class would answer. 

She didn't notice as two other figures entered the room during her explanation. 

"I've got a question for you Marinette." she looked up to her father, when did he enter the room? 

"Shoot." he took a seat in front of his daughter who sat on the living room sofa. 

"Is there a heroine in Paris that goes by the name of Ladybug?" Her heart stopped.

The whole world stopped in that exact moment, how did they find out? They weren't meant to! 

Unknown to the men and girl in the room, green and red flashed in her eyes, her aura changing into one of protection, so quick none noticed. The colours matching the exact colours of the Ladybug and Turtle Miraculous. If you would like an explanation of what is happening right now, Marinette is the Great Guardian of the Miraculous and she's one of the most powerful there's been. 

When a guardian is as powerful as her, they inherit a sort of power. The power is basically the power of each miraculous, her eyes would change to that certain Kwami's colour, her aura changing to the assigned power, and she would have that power in her hands; all till she would go back to normal. So right now, Marinette's eyes have flashed red and green, red symbolising Tikki and green for Wayzz. Why these two exactly. 

Her eyes flashed green, her aura changed to one of protection because her goal was simple, protect Paris. 

She needed to protect Paris from the evil that terrorised them, even if it meant killing herself, it was what she needed to do. She couldn't get her family involved, if they saw what she saw, fought what she fought, did what she did, she wouldn't enjoy the outcome. She didn't want them to end up like her, it would break her if she brought that fate upon them. 

If she had to see them get hurt and possibly even die while fighting Hawkmoth and then resurrect them, them forgetting the traumatic events. She wouldn't be able to see them die and come back, and then be oblivious, she couldn't. This was why she flashed green and her aura changed. 

As for why it flashed red, it was because she currently and permanently wields the ladybug Miraculous, she was its true holder and only one since Master Fu last put it into circulation. Despite representing all the Miraculous equally, the ladybug was the one she related and represented the most.

"I want the truth Marinette." 

Unknowingly, her breath began to quicken at a slow pace symbolising another panic attack. 

She nodded in response, "The evil she fights mainly affects Paris but there have been times that it's affected the whole world." 

The room stayed silent before a voice spoke up. "What do you mean?" 

She understood their confusion, she could let them know of the few Akumas that went world wide, right?

"There was stormy weather, she moved the earth from its place, moving it away from the sun. It went so cold the cameras couldn't even video the battle. There was also technoliser in New York when Hawkmoth travelled there on American and French friendship week; He nearly started a third world war." 

She went silent, her vision blurring at the remembrance of the attacks, her breathing back to its original pace. 

"When was this?" She looked back up to her father. 

"Around four years ago I think" she notices the rooms shift in tension. This had been happening for this long without anyone else's knowledge of the matter. 

"I don't know much, just that Hawkmoth is still at it, trying to obtain their miraculous." the looks they gave her needed no explanation, they were confused and didn't know what a miraculous was. 

"We don't know much about the miraculous really. We just know by default that it's what gives them their powers and Hawkmoth wants the black cat and ladybug one. I think during one of the battles where he actually showed up he mentioned them being a ring and a pair of earrings." 

She shrugged, yes she was telling them a lie but when Hawkmoth happened to appear in public, he mentioned he wanted them to give up their earrings and ring. 

The family listened intently to the new found information, however they weren't paying much attention to the black earrings and gold ring that the bluenette wore.

2269 words

That's all for Chapter 9, I hope you guys enjoyed it. I was pretty stuck while writing but came out victorious in the end. 

I have to admit it wasn't my best piece that I've written so far so I'm prepared for whatever there is to come. 

Please comment, I would like some opinions on the chapter from the plot or the characters behaviour. I'm not the most experienced when it comes to the Bat family so go ahead, it would help me a lot. 

I'm done for now, expect the next chapter to be published on Thursday at some point. 

Author Pop is out!!