Chapter 42

"Hawkmoth 

Hawkmoth

Hawkmoth" 

The way the name was spat with nothing but utter venom like the way it should be.

Her tone was alike to someone who was teasing him but at the same time it was daunting and mocking him and his emotions were in a flurry making him somewhat perplexed for once in his life, being the person he is and his reputation it meant that he was in control of many things including his feelings but they slipped from his grasp and now, he was suffering the consequences from his arch nemesis Ladybug first hand. 

He wasn't going to believe that he was going to believe he was about to lose this battle when for him, it had just started despite the fact that he was injured all over and overly fatigued, he hated to admit it but however old the teenager under the red and black spotted mask definitely packed a punch but giving her the benefit of the doubt due to what he's done over the years since he first started using his miraculous, she's been suiting better than he thought she would and he wouldn't lie but he was slightly impressed and annoyed at the fact that he couldn't get that from his own son who seemed by appearance, around the same age as the young heroine. 

He knew he was done for and if he wasn't a grown ass man with a dead wife who he didn't even know was dead, a falling fashion empire that he also didn't know was failing all around the world and if he didn't have a seventeen year old son at home who he always had different feelings about because of how he acted. 

His time of terror had come to an end and he had no choice but to surrender. 

But he wasn't going to without a fight. 

He raised his eyebrows but it wasn't like people could see them because of his oddly shaped mask that concealed his identity.

However, one thing he didn't know was that the opponents he was fighting against already knew who the man behind the mask was but they didn't need to tell him that- that would ruin the plan. 

That would ruin both of their plans 

She knocked him off his feet first before pulling him into a headlock, hearing him struggle with his breathing brought the slightest smile onto her bloody lips but she knew not to get distracted like that unless she was one hundred percent assured victory. 

She wanted that assurance and was given plenty but she wasn't about to get her hopes up for something that she was still fighting.

Because getting your hopes up and it all ends up going to waste, you feel useless and annoyed because you let yourself get so worked up and excited for it to all fade away into nothingness. 

She took a quick glance to her left to find any form of movement and her arms were suddenly pushed away from around the old mans neck but she wasn't surprised, no not at all she was actually expecting the rash movement resulting in her rolling onto her feet not a single flinch from the many injuries scattered all over her. 

This was going to end today and she was sure about that- that was something she didn't need assurance on because what happened next was a complete game changer, something that the purple man gasping for breath as he gripped his neck was not expecting at all. It was so sudden and surprising that he froze in his position. 

His entire world came crashing down at once and for once, he wasn't sure what he would do. But then it struck him, he still hadn't put his plan into action. He still had his chance at winning! 

Then the world came tumbling down again when he caught a glimpse of the tied up woman with her hands behind her back, her frazzled dark hair and red fringe making her visible and more apparent from a mile away. His heart sank when he realised what that exactly meant and he gave up hope.