CHAPTER TWENTY

There was suddenly a warmth surrounding me, embracing me, if felt myself being lifted up. I look up and see Shawn carrying me whilst sprinting. To the left I can see Noel riding on her guardian's back and on the right I can see Omega, he looks just as beaten up as I feel and is limping badly, but he's managing to keep up somehow.

Tents and people rush by, I can hear the sounds of fighting behind us growing softer by the minute. We soon break through the wall of trees and are moving through the forest, not once does Shawn hesitate while running, he manages to weave between trees and dodge roots and holes all while supporting my weight seemingly effortlessly.

After about 8 more minutes of running Shawn slows down to a jog before stopping and gently laying me down. I wince as I touch the ground, I still feel light headed as hell and the pain is eating away at me.

"Jessica... please... you have to be ok. You can't die now. I don't think I can go through it again..." he whispers seemingly to himself while ripping off a strip of cloth from his shirt and tying it around my waist to stop the bleeding. "I'm... fine..." I force myself to say through a shaky breath.

"Jess..." he whispers tears building up behind his eyes.

I tilt my head over to Omega who is lying by my side. He's a bloody mess.

"What you feel... so do I..." he says quietly

"No... don't you... dare... die... on me..."

"That depends completely on you Jessica..." he says, his voice strained, "I can't force you to hold on... but... personally I would really appreciate it if you could try."

I try to nod my head as best I can. That's when something inside of me just sort of clicked into place. From now on I'm going to fight... I'm taking charge of my life... I'm done giving up. There is a reason why I'm still here and at the moment it's to keep Omega alive. If I stay alive... so will he...

I feel a tingling sensation fill my body. Energy rushing into me from every living thing around me. I try and focus in on my wounds as if willing them to heal. The process is tiring... I feel myself losing hold of the energy... of my own body... I feel as if I'm floating above it, but I refuse to let go. I hold on to whatever I can... names... memories... emotions... anything... be it good or bad... I hold onto it with all I have left...

I feel myself being sucked back into my body in one harsh jerking motion and shoot up into a sitting position, breathing heavily. "Well done Jessica," says Omega. I look down at him. He seems perfectly fine. Just then I feel someone tackle me into a hug. I look down to see Noel's tangled snow white hair. I hug her back. I look up at Shawn who is kneeled next to me, a relieved smile spread across his face. His face... is it just me or do his eyes seem a little less red? His skin a little less pale? Probably just my imagination... then again... last time I said that I ended up watching my family die...