CHAPTER ONE

There's no point in sugarcoating it. I'm a freak. I never used to think that about myself, but after hearing something so many times you start to believe it...

My life is one big, gigantic mess. I hate my life... I wish I could end the pain... the suffering... but that's not who I am and I refuse to even consider doing something like that! It angers me that my mind allows me to even have thoughts of ending my life, it simply isn't up to me when I am going to die, but some small part of me hopes it will be before I get to school this morning...

I didn't take the bus to school, I gave up taking the bus a long time ago. Not because of the kids riding with me who would laugh at me and make fun of me in not so hushed tones... No, not because of them, I stopped taking the bus because I felt trapped in it. I felt the need to break the window and jump out. I felt the need to run.

So I stopped taking the bus and I did just that. I ran. It made me feel free. Feel safe. Feel like I was doing something I was meant to be doing. And I loved it. It was just me, the cool morning breeze in my jet black hair and the soft sound of my feet hitting the sidewalk, other than that it was dead silent. Where were all the cars? You might ask. The sounds of people getting ready for work and school? The answer is simple, it's far to early for that. Most people are still asleep at 2 in the morning.

Yeah. Like I said I'm a freak. What normal 14 year old do you know that gets up and sneaks out at 2 o'clock every morning to run to school. Well I don't actually run to school, I run to ...other places... and then sprint back so my so called parents don't know that I run away every morning...

That's another thing that sucks about my life... my parents. I don't have any. At least not real ones. I'd rather not elaborate on the fact that I don't know my real parents and I'm adopted... well not technically... I'm in a foster home. I've been with this couple for a few months now and I have hated every minute of it. I hate it here. I hate my life. I wish I could just- aaaagh! There I go again... sigh... focus Jess... focus... breathe... run...