CHAPTER NINTEEN

I find myself opening my eyes again to see Drake about to collide with me. I quickly take two steps right like Omega said and Drake runs right past. All my senses are on full alert. I can still sense everything. I don't even have time to think about what I'm doing, my body and mind just react automatically.

I dodge one more of his attacks before going on the attack. He runs at me again. I hold him back with one hand and hit him in the nose, his head snaps backward violently. I feel so much stronger than I ever have, normally I would never have been able fend him off like this. I jump kick him square in the chest sending him flying backwards. He lands on his back, but quickly recovers and is back on his feet again. His neck is twisted in a sickening angle, he cracks in back into place as if it was nothing.

I hear a scream. It's a girl. Noel... I turn to see Shawn fighting off two of those things while another grabs at Noel, but she's not alone... she has a beautiful snow white wolf defending her from the creature. She has a guardian too... I can see more of those things heading our way. "Concentrate pup..." I hear Omega say in my mind. I turn back to Drake just as his claws make contact with my side. I fall to the ground, my flesh torn to ribbons, blood instantly starts pouring out. I grab my side, trying to stop the bleeding. It burns like fire. My breathing becomes heavy and I feel my heartbeat quicken. Come on Jess! Get up! I push the unbearable pain aside and stand back up to face Drake. He tries to attack once again but I dodge, ducking underneath his fist and hitting my elbow into his spine. His back arches in pain, but he recovers and turns around. He hits my injured side and the already unbearable pain triples. I double over in pain and fall to the ground. I can see Drake closing in on me, I want to stand up to defend myself, but just as I'm about to force myself up again I feel Drake's clawed foot press down on my stomach, holding me down, the sharp claws pressing into my skin through my clothes. Blood starting to seep through the material. Drake removes his heavy foot, but I hardly have time to react before he brings it down in a hard kick to my throbbing side. The pain is so intense I don't think it could get any worse... but then he kicks me again... his long talons wedging themselves into my exposed side. "JESSICA!" I hear Shawn call out. I see Shawn tackle Drake who hits the ground. Shawn climbs ontop of him, using his body weight to hold him down. He starts repeatedly hitting Drake. His fists are covered in blood... blood of the boy I love... or... loved... I don't know...
"You deserved this... look what happened because of you..." says a voice in the back of my head.
No... no... I didn't ask for any of this!
"It's your fault! You caused this!"
No... no, no, no!
"You're a mistake! It's all your doing! You did this Jessica! You!"
No... I...
I didn't want any of this...
I-
"Why did you have to be born Jessica?..."

I feel myself losing consciousness. I must have lost a lot of blood. I take one more glance at the scene around me. I see movement in the corner of my eye and I hear a long, low, howl... everyone freezes... My instincts force me to stay awake a little longer. Everything's silent... Then come the sound of arrows cutting through the air...