CHAPTER FIVE

After a draining english lesson on some guy called Shakespeare and an hour of death by mathematical equation, it was finally lunch... yay!... cough, sarcasm, cough...

Lunchtime for me sucks... first of all, I have no friends. Second of all, I'm weird. 90% of the time people stay clear of me and I'm ok with that. It's the other 10% of the time that I hate, and unfortunately for them, today was one of those days...

I was walking to my usual spot when someone bumped me. Well more like pushed me, but it makes no difference. I turned to see Lexy, little miss perfect... a popular-kid-wannabe with brown hair and a bitchy attitude who has made my life a living hell.

I glare at her. It's taking everything I have not to knock that smirk off her pretty little face. I have only been at this school for 5 months and I'm already on my 2nd offence, one more and I could risk suspension and it's not worth wasting my final strike on this little brat so I'll pretend it was an accident.

I pick up my things from the floor and turn to walk away.

"Where you're going... freak?" She calls after me.

I stop in my tracks, without turning to face her and clench my teeth. "What. Did. You. Call. Me?" I ask, keeping my voice as steady as possible. If she apologises I'll consider letting it go...

"Are you deaf? Or just plain stupid? Freak..."

She talked back to me. Mistake number 1. I place my things down and turn to face her. A crowd has started to gather around us, clearly expecting a fight.

I laugh to myself, thinking of all the things I could do to her to make her pay for what she has put me through this year.

"Sorry? Could you repeat that? I don't speak bitch." I sneer, staring at her straight in the eye. I can sense a slight ounce of fear in her eyes, but that smirk of hers makes me feel no guilt whatsoever for what I'm about to do to her. I know I can beat her easily. I'm much stronger and definitely smarter so if I'm gonna get suspended I might as well go out with a bang.

Just then I feel a stinging sensation in my cheek, I reach up and feel something wet... blood... She slapped me. Mistake number two.

"Aaaw... freakshow can't handle a little pain? Are you gonna go cry to your mommy? Oh... that's right! You don't have one," she said smirking and giggling at her little joke, "Of course, I don't blame your parents for leaving you... who would want you as their daughter anyways."

That hit home. I look up at her in a crazed fury. "Strike three... you're out..." I say through clenched teeth and burst forward, fists blazing. She tries to block me with her arm but I push it out of the way with one hand and use the other to make contact with her nose. She falls backwards, blood is running down her face and she clutches her nose. "Sorry Lexy, but you had something on your face," I say sarcastically.

She stands up. Good. Cause I'm not done with her.

She's clutching her arm and shooting daggers my way, but she doesn't scare me.

I lunge forward again this time I hit her right in the ribs with a satisfying crack and a scream from Lexy. With her good hand, she grabs at me and tries to yank at my hair, but I dodge her attacks with ease. My veins surge with adrenalin. I'm not even tired yet, but I can see Lexy is. I push her away, but she comes running right back.

"Do you have a death wish or something?" I said. She continues running towards me.

"I guess so." I say more to myself than anyone else as I hit her in the face again. She hits my chin and I feel my lip swell up as blood flows into my mouth. I headbutt her hard and she crumples onto the floor. I was right, she wasn't even a challenge. "Don't call me a freak again," I snarl while glaring down at her on the ground.

I spit the blood from my split lip onto the floor and make my way to the wall of people surrounding Lexy and I. They're quiet... strange... normally the crowd would be cheering or yelling, but no. They're just standing there... As I reach them, they back away, making a path through the wall. Are they scared of me? I walked out of the ring. I can feel all their eyes on me as I walk out of the quad. I can hear them start to whisper things behind me, but I don't turn around. I don't care anymore.