CHAPTER TWENTY THREE

"Who's there??" I whisper as I look around, scanning my surroundings. All of a sudden I can sense life all around us. In the trees. Behind the bushes. Everywhere... they've been here the whole time... how could I have been so stupid not to realise?!
  "Oh don't worry! We're not here to hurt you... Jessica..." says a new voice.
  "How do you know my name?" My eyes dart back and forth trying to zone in on the different voices. If I concentrate hard I can make out a few shadows moving in the woods.
  "We know a lot about you Jessica..." says the first voice again, but it's coming from in front of me now. It sounds female, but like a teenager's.
  Omega has also woken up now however he stays still pretending to still be asleep but watching with one eye, his muscles tense, ready to attack with a moments notice.
  "What do you want with her?!" Says Shawn, he takes on a protective stance at my side, he's on full alert as well.
  A low growl echos through the trees to my left. "Stay out of this," says a voice behind us. This one sounds deeper. Male perhaps?
  "Relax Reeth..." says a completely different voice. This one sounds like a much younger boy.
  "Would you all shut up! Please?" That voice was definitely female. And whoever it belongs to has a strong accent... British I think?
  "Sorry to have woken you Omega..." How did she- "I apologise for the ...ignorance... of my pack," the voice says, directing that last statement at the male voice behind me.
  A figure steps out of the shadows, it's a girl, she looks about 16. A long ivory bow and quiver are slung over her shoulder and she is wearing a thick, hooded, fur coat. The hood is covering her eyes and most of her hair, but a few strands hang loose around her face. They're only a shade or two above pure white. Her hair reminds me of Noel's. She slowly reaches up and removes her hood, revealing her piercing ice blue eyes and long wavy white hair which cascades over her shoulders like a waterfall of snow.
  "We've been waiting for you Jessica. My name's Meredith. Welcome to the pack."