《20》

After attempting to fix the mess many a time, Chenle and Mark found themselves chilling at the older's house in defeat

Four months had passed and they were really grasping onto hope.

Some would say it was dramatics, but love - whether either male realised it or not - made desperation for the loved one's presence even more agonising.

"Jisung and Donghyuck should be presenting in a few minutes. Wanna watch?" Chenle whispered, looking around the dimly lit room.

Upon receiving a short hum, the Chinese boy flicked the news channel on only to see that the news reporters were finishing up and introducing the weather presenters.

"Good evening, all. I'm Park Jisung."

"And I'm Lee Donghyuck. Tomorrow the weather will be showing some mercy as the strong gales we have been experiencing are passing over and a sort of calm should settle," the older of the pair said while looking dull.

The pair obviously got along as they shared supportive smiles, but both Chenle and Mark could see the lack of dynamic that they shared.

"It's so..." Chenle looked over to Mark, trying to find the right word to describe the missing passion that they once had.

"Boring?" The older added, sighing gently whilst nodding in agreement. "It really is."

"I wonder if we're that bad. I mean nothing against you, but I want Ji back." All Mark could do was agree with Chenle as they watched the two continue with the presentation.

He had been oblivious to it before, thinking that in no world it would be possible, but Chenle new what this feeling in his chest was. It was indescribably tight and painful with a feeling of loss.

He hadn't seen his friend in months, and all the things that he had wanted to change about the younger seemed to be missed as he embraced that Jisung had indeed won him over.

"That damn brat gets everything he wants," Chenle whispered, tears welling in his eyes as he watched the brunette smile quite fakely. "Do you think they miss us?" He questioned looking over to see Mark nodded with a small grin.

"I know for a fact they do, Chenle. Have you seen the state of the fans too!" He paused for a moment, eyes glinting with hope as he straightened up in his seat. "I have a little idea. It involves a bit of a risk, and we might get fired for it, but I think Jisung and Donghyuck could help too."

Chenle narrowed his eyes, elbow propped up on the couch as he watched the older process his thoughts.

"Our attempts have been futile, but still... I don't know...maybe we could all meet up tomorrow."

Chenle too sat up again, a smirk tugging at his lips as he thought of seeing Donghyuck and Jisung again.

"I'm in."