《6》

In no time Chenle had his hand firmly holding Jisung's

In no time Chenle had his hand firmly holding Jisung's. Their breathing heavy and their hearts pounding so violently.

"I swear to God, if we're late-" Jisung was cut off by the other who immediately rushed in to calm the younger's thought process.

"I'll take the blame, Ji. I was the one who took you shopping, so I'll take whatever punishment if we're late. But," he paused for a moment as glancing at his phone while running. "We still have a few minutes to get there before we go live."

A silence grew between them while both focused on making it to and from work alive.

With his free hand, Jisung ran his fingers through his gelled and untangled hair, a task that had taken quite a while to achieve.

"You okay?" The older called back. His pace of running slowing down since he had never really been one to do exercise. In school it was always Jisung who won sports awards for athletics and football.

Answering with a hum in response, Jisung overtook Chenle after noticing his struggle to stay going, and dragged him along, smiling to himself as a chuckle came from the older.

"You've always been quite the athlete, haven't you?" Chenle called forward, pushing past a few people in order to weave through the dense crowds of the city.

"Glad to see you kept tabs on me, even if you pretended to not like me," Jisung quipped, tilting his head back as they slowed to a walk.

"I didn't pretend, Jisung, I simply didn't like you...I just wanted to know why you liked me so much." Chenle slowed to a walk, his breathing laboured as he glanced over at the younger with curiosity.

"What's not to like?" Both were now at a quick walk since the building was finally in sight. "I mean you were nice and smart and...." he stopped walking for a moment, his cheeks going red as the older stopped too. "You were you. You didn't act as fake as everyone else."

Chenle sucked in a deep breath as he pushed the door open, sighing in relief when the air conditioning of the building hit his sweating body in a rush.

"How about this, Ji? I'll take you out to dinner after the broadcast tonight if you don't flirt," he offered, his hand outstretched while he tilted his head.

Jisung bit his lip before holding onto Chenle's hand.

"Can I give a good one-liner?"

"One."

"Deal."