《13》

The parlour became emptier as the night drew on

The parlour became emptier as the night drew on. Soon enough it was only the two weather presenters and the man behind the counter who rested his chin against the palm of his hand while watching the two flirt.

He had seen them on television, and would be lying if he said he wasn't happy to see them in person, but his heart merely warmed at the sight of Chenle not yelling at Jisung, and instead letting the younger woo him.

It was cute really.

His eyes became heavy as he waited for the pair to finish up. But still, the teenager had no intention of hurrying the pair along, and instead let his gaze turn to his watch slowly.

It was nearly two in the morning, and the ice-cream parlour never stayed open that late, but due to the announcement earlier that day by the pair in front of him, the small shop had been heaving with students and adults who grasped onto the last bit of summer before the weather turned.

"Hey kid!" Jisung happily said while passing a few dollar notes over the counter and winking at the clearly exhausted student. "Sorry we kept you open this late," he ushered, diving his hand in his pocket again to pull out some extra money.

He leaned over to pass it to the younger, but was surprised when the student shook his head while giggling.

"Seriously, it's fine. I hope you two enjoyed the ice-cream." With that, Jisung sent the younger a wink, seeing the other's eyes strayed over to Chenle who swayed gently with the piano music that faintly rung throughout the small building.

"Take it anyway. Get yourself a little something."

Jisung turned on his heel, about to walk out of the shop when a hand clasped onto his arm tightly but not forcefully.

"Good luck, Jisung."

The brunette smiled to himself, nodding at the student once more before looping his around Chenle's shoulder, ignoring the older's confused looks.

"What did he say to you?" Chenle whispered, only receiving a quick 'nothing' in return.

Both had hazy minds as the bliss of the wonderful night, along with a little too much alcohol, set in.

"Not in a weird way or anything, but would you like to stay over at my place tonight? I mean, neither of us will be driving anywhere, and my place is just closer," Chenle offered while resting his head against Jisung's shoulder as they strolled through the city yet again.

Even the clubs seemed quieter this time, and a calming atmosphere embraced the young pair as Jisung nodded gratefully.

"I would love to."

Not noticing the slight hesitance in his voice, Chenle just hummed tiredly.

When would Jisung get around to telling the older about his transferral?

I know this is just another filler chapter, but we'll start getting somewhere soon!

Thanks so much reading💞

Aofa~