《18》

"Tomorrow there will be heavy rain coming in from the west coast. It will spread through the country within the next few days. Flooding will be very likely, so we advise caution on roads, especially country or back roads," Chenle announced with sincerity written on his face as he delivered the news to the public.

Jisung watched him with a sad smile, not knowing when the next time they would stand like this would be.

The broadcast continued, Jisung slipping in half-hearted comments here and there, no longer obtaining enough energy to make Chenle laugh. Both were in depressed states, unsure of how the future would unfold.

"Before we finish tonight, I would like to say thanks to Jisung who has given up countless days and nights to prepare and present these broadcasts. Sadly, he'll be leaving us here in studio 4, but he will be presenting with Lee Donghyuck on the other channel."

Chenle looked over to his partner, tears threatening him as behind his eyes burned painfully.

He reached his hand out, grasping onto the younger's and placing a chaste kiss on his knuckle.

"I would also like to welcome the new presenter. Mark Lee."

As this was said, Mark walked into frame, waving awkwardly, not feeling right without Donghyuck by his side.

He stepped back out, letting the two obliviously in love boys finish their broadcast with meaningful goodbyes.

The comments were flying in, most people complaining about the breaking away of both Jisung and Mark from their given studios.

With many apologies and grateful thank yous, the camera but, the iconic music indicating the break before the next section of the news.

"Thank you boys," one of the cameramen called out before wheeling his equipment away, the rest of the crew leaving within minutes.

Soon enough the two were left alone, Mark having given them a small bow before exiting the tense atmosphere.

"What will we do now?" Chenle whispered, refusing to the look to the taller who desperately wanted to see the other's emotion.

"Nothing will change, Silly. We will still talk all the time. I'll only be an hour away, it's just inconvenient," he  quietly said, approaching Chenle who stood facing away with his arms crossed.

He looped his arms around the shorter's waist, resting his chin atop Chenle's head while inhaling the intoxicating smell of his crush.

"Call me if you ever need me, Lele." He paused for a second, listening to the older's uneven breaths. "And stop crying, Stupid. I'm not dead." He let go of Chenle, spinning him around to face him, seeing how his eyes were glimmering with unshed tears.

"Will you come to visit?"

"Of course."