《16》

The week seemed to fly by for poor Jisung who found himself in quite the predicament.

So instead of confessing the secret he had kept to himself for nearly two months now, Jisung decided to ignore his co-presenter, finding it the most effective method to avoid a huge fight.

As the days passed, camera crew or makeup artists -pretty much everyone but Chenle- had found out about the news, urging the younger presenter to tell his friend. But to no avail.

Chenle, on the other hand, felt a tight knot in his chest, one that made tears come to his eyes as he had to admit the younger's absence was unwelcome.

He was so sure he hated those damn pick-up lines, all that talking and especially the courting, but it was a bit of a wake up call when the dull pain of loss hit him.

He wasn't a stupid boy, and was in fact far from it.
The whispers, glances, pitiful looks. What did everyone know that he missed? What could be so bad to make Park Jisung leave him be?

No more questions were needed when the door flew open, revealing a face he knew too well.

"Mark?" He breathily called out. "What has you here?"

Instantaneously, the whole room fell to an awkward silence as Jisung entered the equation.

The tension was so damn thick, the air becoming hard to breathe.

"I think I need to tell you something," Jisung whispered, a shaking hand being placed on the older's shoulder as his lip began to wobble. "I've been-"

"Transferred?" Chenle choked out, eyes immediately watering as the harsh reality hit him. "You fucking knew! You and everyone else knew, and you didn't have the fucking decency to tell me?" He shrieked, tears streaming down his face as he poked the taller's chest angrily.

"I can explai-"

"Explain what? Hm? Are you leaving to present with Donghyuck?" The quiet that followed the valid question floated in the air for a moment.

Jisung's eyes flicked to Mark who wore a scared yet surprised expression.

Mark and Donghyuck were well known presenters for the weather on another channel. Jisung's boss wanted him to have better opportunities with less distractions - Chenle. Of course the brunette had furiously disagreed, refusing immediately, but the transfer papers had been signed by the partnering companies.

His boss' older brother -the owner of the other company - was more than happy to house a place for Jisung.

Chenle gasped when Jisung nodded guiltily, his chest rising and falling at an unsteady rate as the whole situation settled in.

"How. Fucking. Dare. You!" He screamed, hand flying up only to come down harshly on the taller's cheek with great force. The loud noise lingered for a moment, no one in the room reacting to the way Jisung's head was whipped to the side, tears welling in his eyes as he comprehended what Chenle had done.

"Should I give you two a moment?"