《19》

It had been a week since their final broadcast had been aired

It had been a week since their final broadcast had been aired. As suspected, the audience were less-than-pleased with the decision to split two of the biggest ships on television. Views had dropped exponentially and even some sponsors had pulled out due to the clear decrease in viewers'
interest.

What had started as a half-decent plan had been thrown on it's head with the two channels struggling to balance their views and finances after this epic failure.

"Ready to go live, boys?" An unfamiliar voice chimed from behind the camera.

Jisung felt extremely out of place as he looked at the crew in front of him. He knew none of them, and his discomfort was evident as he edged closer to Donghyuck.

It wasn't the same, not that the young presenter had thought it would be, but the dynamic between himself and Donghyuck was clearly that of a forced one.

The four boys had been quite close in their college years, but hadn't spoken much if not for the big company events once or twice a year.

With a curt nod, a small beep sounded through the silent room. A red light flashed on, indicating that the day's weather had begun.

Jisung squinted, noticing that there were tantalisingly low view rates, not that he was expecting much different.

His heart dropped as he saw this, but his mind didn't linger too long as the introduction began.

"Welcome to the weather forecast," Donghyuck enthusiastically said whilst a small - and very fake - smile graced his once frowning expression. "To get right into it, there will be showers throughout the day tomorrow."

"Heavy rain will follow on Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday, but it should lighten up on Saturday with showers and grey skies over the weekend. The highest temperature tomorrow will be 12 degrees," Jisung monotonously announced while turning to look at Donghyuck who continued the broadcast.

"It's so quiet around here," The boss grumbled while taking a seat next to Chenle who sat opposite Mark for lunch.

The pair got along like a house on fire, but both knew what they wanted and it sure as hell wasn't this.

Chenle sighed quite loudly, having voiced his displeasure many a time. The boss shook his head at the younger's feeble attempt to reconnect with Jisung who had left them a very quiet studio.

"It was you who hated him. Don't come crying to me," he mumbled while poking at the salad, eyes drifting up to the ravenette who wore an unimpressed expression.

"I didn't hate him, I hated his stupid pick-up lines. But it was fun, y'know?" He glanced at Mark who nodded in agreement to the younger's words.

"It's just...wrong? I don't know, I used to love my job, but it's not the same without Hyuckie. I'm sure Chenle feels the same about Ji."

The eldest of the three shook his head before standing up from his seat, picking up his lunch and turning away.

"It's not happening."

With that, the two boys were left alone to share an unhappy look.

"We need to fix this mess."