Chapter 25

So,

I haven't posted in 2 weeks

I really didn't want to write this out because I've been in denial about it for a while, but —oh my lord— I'm not doing great right now. I might be all over the place while I explain myself, but I'll try my hardest to make sense and let you guys know how I'm feeling :)

Also, if you don't feel like reading the whole note, just at least read the last little paragraph thingy please and thank u :)

I've said it before and I'll bring it up again, when I first uploaded NTWA I had it completely done. I started that book in June/July of 2020. I was in quarantine, just graduated, and not even working yet. I wrote NTWA out on an old account and then took the time to copy and paste each one of those chapters from Wattpad to my notes on my phone and then back to Wattpad on this account. I've been writing fan fiction since I was like 12/13 and I had never actually finished a book before, and I loved NTWA for what it was. Just last month I reread it myself and didn't find myself cringing too much lmao

By now, I'm sure you guys have noticed my certain writing styles and themes. I don't shy away from mature topics, but I also don't write smut. None of you would want to read my smut I PROMISE. When I first uploaded NTWA I was excited and happy to share something with people who shared my love for Bucky and Marvel. I also knew I had to label it "mature" for the last 10ish chapters of the book. I feel like those subject matters should only be read by people who are aware of the issues and situations that happen.

On Wattpad, a LOT of people assume that a story listed as mature automatically means that it has smut of some kind in it. That's obviously not always the case. It's gotten to the point where people were commenting things that were bothering me on chapter 48 of NTWA and I thought nothing much of it until they started getting mean and then I questioned my own writing and why I'd label it mature or why I wouldn't just write a dang sex scene. (I now have it in the description that there is no smut to try to lessen the comments, but they keep coming in)

I've wanted from day one to have my books be as inclusive as possible and have active comment sections because I LOVE communicating with people and getting feedback on my writing. I never thought that I'd have to start deleting comments from that particular chapter over a sex scene that wasn't ever written.

I know a lot of people will read this and wonder how it's even gotten to me, but it's so hard for me to NOT take things to heart. Feedback is one thing, but saying how I ruined a book just because I didn't write something I'm not comfortable writing is just hurtful. That's just been on my mind since those comments started, so I feel like I haven't been able to write to my fullest capability, and all of my motivation has been drained.

Another thing is that I wrote NTWA completely before releasing it. I didn't for this book. I changed a LOT of things in NTWA from the beginning of writing to the time I actually uploaded it.