Chapter 19

Happy new year :) I'll probably post again tomorrow to make up for being late both last week and this week :)

TW: None
Word Count: 1871

I woke up the next morning with Bucky next to me. I'd normally lay with him until he wakes up, but I was still upset with him. I got out of his bed and took a shower in his bathroom. I put on one of his shirts and a pair of his boxers because I forgot clothes in my room.

I came back out to see him awake. He gave me a weak smile as he sat up. "Let me go get you some clothes," he said quietly, watching as I walked towards the door. I looked at him before I left the room without saying a word. I bumped into Valerie on the way back to my room.

"Oh sorry," she said quietly. "Oh, sorry," she said after looking at my clothes.

"I just forgot my clothes in my room," I said, laughing.

"I'm glad the walls here are thick."

"Not thick enough to drown out the screams of a baby," Nat said, leaving her room. "Oh, Daisy, I heard you and Bucky haven't had sex since before that Cody guy. Glad to see you're back at it."

"We haven't had sex," I said, shrugging. "I'm just trying to go to my room. But, Natasha, Valerie. Valerie, Natasha," I said, introducing them.

"I'm Daisy's sister," Val said, holding out her hand. Natasha shook it before I passed them both and went back to my room.

"I'm assuming the screaming baby's yours?" Nat asked Valerie as I opened the door to my room.

I put on an outfit for the day and did my hair and makeup. I opened my door to get breakfast, but I was met with Bucky, who was seemingly about to knock on the door with his foot.

"Hey," he said quietly, clutching onto his left arm as he put his foot down slowly. I stepped aside and he walked into the room before I closed the door again. "Look, I'm really sorry for everything that happened last night. I couldn't even sleep after you left because I was up thinking about how stupid I acted. In some ways, I'm glad you left without doing anything to my arm, because I felt like I deserved to struggle with the dysfunctional arm."

"I was shocked that you argued with me over the fact that I wanted to help you out. I was almost done with your arm, and for some reason you wanted me to undo it all. Why?"

"I honestly don't know," he said quietly. "I just wanted you to get to bed because it was so late. You haven't been sleeping lately, I know— I know it's been hard for you to just not worry about anything and relax. I guess I just wanted to force you to because I care about you."

"I love you, and I get that you don't want to see me worrying and stuff, but sometimes it's out of your control. It kind of scares me that you care about me so much."

"Me too," he said quietly. "I love you too. It wasn't easier to love you back then. It's always been easy with you. I don't know why."

"I'm just that lovable." I watched him break out into a smile. "Let's get that arm on."

After it was completely connected, Bucky leaned back on the palms of his hands. He smiled over at me as I put the tools away. When everything was put back in the bag, I walked over to him and straddled his legs. I started kissing him gently wherever I could.

"Dais," he breathed out quietly.

"Yes?" I asked, pulling away from him and looking into his eyes. He didn't answer, so I left a trail of kisses from his cheek to his collarbone. He let out a sharp breath, and I immediately stopped, looking at him. "Are you alright?" I asked, examining his face.