ELEVEN

Both Harry and Louis went back to their rooms to get dressed. Niall followed Harry because he knew Harry wouldn't be able to decide without his help. They both get dressed, grab their essentials and walk to the atrium. Harry as usual reaches there first, he's in a white button down with black skinny jeans. He waited for another five minutes and Louis arrived wearing a white shirt, that accentuates his collarbones, a blue flannel and skinny jeans. "Hi", Harry says once comes back from his trance, Louis smiles at him and replies, "Hi" Harry puts the pool cue between them and Louis grabs it, they both maintain a distance of 5 feet. Now they know its mandatory to stay 6 feet apart but they figured that after the disease had stolen almost everything from them, it was their turn now, so they stole one foot. 

They walked around the hospital, holding the pool cue talking about their childhood, currently Louis was telling Harry about his dad, who had left them when he was child. "My mum on the other hand has always been there, she's smart and driven and most of all she's beautiful inside and out.", Louis said fonding over his mum because no matter what he loved her. Harry listened to him and smiled while Louis was talking about his mum because honestly Harry couldn't wait to meet the woman who made this amazing boy. Louis was still talking about his mum when he said, "Starting tomorrow when I'm 24 maybe I'll try to do something for her for once.",  at this Harry stops walking and Louis cocks an eyebrow in confusions. "Why didn't you tell me tomorrow's your birthday, I dont even have a present for you.", Louis chuckles and replies, "Well in that case just promise me you'll be here for the next one." They both laugh at this and walk to the swimming pool. They put the pool cue between them and sit on its either side. 

They continued their conversation when Harry out of the blue says, "You know there's this theory I like that says, 'To understand death u first need to look at life.' so i mean it might not make sense to you but its like while we're in the womb we're living that existence not knowing the other one in just an inch away.", Louis looks at Harry in confusion and says, "What exactly do you mean by that?", Harry smiles, "I mean maybe its the same with death you know, maybe death is just the next life but an inch away." , Louis smiles at this and replies, "Or maybe its just a big sleep, you know once and for all, lights out and done.". Harry sadly smiles at this and says, "No, i refuse to believe that Gemma just blinked out.", he could feel tears building up in his eyes but he gulped trying hard not to breakdown. "Hey Harry? Can i ask you something?", Harry couldn't get words out of his mouth so he chose to nod instead. At Harry's approval Louis continued, "What happened with Gemma?", Harry took a deep breath and realised he couldn't hide this from Louis anymore no matter how much he wanted to, he finally spoke up, "She was cliff diving and um she landed on the wrong foot, broke her neck and drowned.", Harry's voice was shaky and honestly Louis didn't know what to say, he just wanted to give Harry the tightest hug but he couldn't do that. Harry without any realisation continues, "They said she didn't feel any pain. How would they know tho? I was supposed to be there, bu-" Harry stopped mid-sentence trying to regain his composure, he continues, "But i got sick, like i always do. I always wonder what she what she was feeling but I'll never know and without knowing that she never stops dying.", with that Harry couldn't take it anymore and started sobbing. Louis' heart shattered when he saw Harry crying and couldn't do anything but try to comfort him with his words, so he went along with that and said, "Harry, listen to me. Even if you were there, you still wouldn't have known.", Harry sobs again and says, "But i wasn't there for her and she- , she died alone.", Louis smiles sadly and says, "Well...arent we going to die like that? You know drowning, just there would be no water, our own fluids doing the dirty work.", they both laugh at this and Louis looks at Harry with love in his eyes, Louis continues, "Honestly i think about my last breath a lot, you know grasping for air and not getting any but thats only on Monday's, its pretty chill the rest of the week." Harry laughs at this and Louis says, "There's a smile.", Harry blushes and fiddles with the hem of his shirt while Louis continues to just look at him taking in all of Harry's features, he says, "God, you're beautiful Harry and so brave. I- I really wish i could touch you."

Harry picked up the pool cue and Louis followed the action, "I lied.", Harry says and Louis looks at him in confusion, he continues, "When we first met, I've never had sex.", they both laugh at this and Harry further says with a faint smile, "I've uh just never wanted anyone to see me like that, the scars, the tube, nothing about this is sexy.", Louis looks at him with adoration and says, "Dont say that, everything about you is sexy, I think you're perfect Harry." At this Harry stands up from his seat and slowly unbuttons his shirt exposing his scars along his ribcage and torso. Louis follows his actions and takes off his shirt. They both go ahead and unbutton their pants standing by the pool in just their boxers. They stand there looking at each other for what seems like hours until Louis fake falls in to the pool, Harry jumps in and they stay in the pool for about a half hour or so, soon they dry themselves, out in their clothes and walk back inside.

This was around the time Amy came back in for her shift. She walked through the front entrance and made her way to her quarters, greeting everyone on the way. Harry and Louis were by the atrium window talking about everything and nothing. While Amy was walking to her place, she notices Louis' open door. She slowly walked to his door and pushed it open to find his room empty, she quickly walked to Harry's room, she pretty much figured it out when Harry wasn't in his room either. She angrily walked to Niall's room, "Where are they?", Niall pretends to not know what she's talking about and says, "Who?". This annoys Amy and she leaves the room. The moment she's gone Niall texts Harry giving him a warning. 

Harry and Louis are still in the atrium when Harry receives the text, "Amy knows we're gone.", he says to Louis, who looks at him with confusion not knowing what to do. Harry continues, "She's gonna look for me at the NICU, so I'll go there. Bye.", Harry smiles at Louis and runs to the stairs. Huffing and puffing he makes his way up to the NICU, only seconds away Amy's lift stops at the floor. Harry sprints to the couch nearby and pretends to be asleep holding in his coughs. Amy comes inside, sees him sleeping and leaves. The moment she leaves, Harry coughs and exhales, laughing at himself and Louis. He texted Louis telling him that there is no trouble and Louis exhales with relief. 

.

.

.

a/n: Here's chapter eleven, honestly i enjoyed writing this one aha. I have decided to schedule my updates so i dont keep putting it away. So ill be updating this every Tuesday and Friday, hopefully i will keep this up.

 Also theres a new fic coming up with Rhi, we'll be putting that putting that out soon. I hope u liked this chapter, dont forget to vote and leave ur feedback x