YCGMA

Double_H8

tommy overhears wilbur singing 'jubilee line' and after he finishes singing, tommy runs to the others and spills wilburs musical "secret", lmao techno and phil already knew

this is in the past so

phil is 32
techno is 22
wilbur is 21
tommy is 14

+×+×+×+×+×+×

third pov

tommys door swung open, almost putting a dent in the wall, the one to have opened the door wanting a glass of something.

he walked out of the doorway before stopping abruptly, hearing a soft tune in his older brothers room.

he approached wilburs door, gently pressing his ear against the dark wood. his tail flicked and his lips twitched up as he heard his brothers silky voice begin to sing.

"wasting your time, youre wasting mine. i hate to see you leaving, a fate worse than dying-" tommy almost squealed at the lyrics, internally freaking out over his brothers hobby.

the young teen scurried out of the hallway, his former want for a drink quickly fading away as he discovers he needs to tell his other family.

he recklessly hops down the stairs, nearly landing on the edge of a stair. he ran into the living room and looked around, seeing his dad and oldest brother sitting on their comfortable couch, watching a show.

phil turned to him, curious. "what is it, son?" he asked, crossing a leg over the other. tommys long, pointed tail was wagging excitedly, a wide and goofy grin plastered on his somewhat bruised face.

"i overheard wilbur singing! and it sounded good!" he exclaimed, balling his hands into excited fists. techno raised his eyebrows, a small smile following. phil grinned and chuckled softly, standing.

the winged man walked closer to the demon child, and placed a calloused hand on his shoulder. "yes, hes always had a thing for music, but i suppose youve never heard him play. hes made many songs, in fact." phil explained, smiling.

tommy gasped, his chest filling with a childlike irritation. "and you never told me?!" he exclaimed, pouting and crossing his arms over his puffed out chest.

techno snickered, crossing his legs on the couch. "wilbur said he didnt want you to hear because he thought youd make fun of him, even though hes older." he said, holding his head in his bandaged hand.

phil sighed and shook his head, grinning again. his lips parted and he took his hand off tommys shoulder. "yeah, the first time he showed a song to us, he was very nervous about how we would react."

techno nodded in confirmation. tommys expression shifted from pissed to slightly confused. "why would he be nervous about that? his voice is amazing, and hes good with coming up with a melody and all that stuff!" he exclaimed, voice laced with passion. he believed every word he spoke, and uncrossed his arms.

phil nodded, chuckling at the youngers clear liking of wilbur. "yes, yes. we know." he said, going to sit back down on the couch.

tommy hummed and walked into the kitchen, his thirst coming back immediately after the conversation was ended. he grunted as he stood on his tiptoes when he opened the top cupboard and pulled out a plastic cup.

he sighed and stretched after he grabbed the cup and shut the cupboard. he opened the fridge and grabbed the pitcher filled with tea, and slowly poured it in his red cup.

he put the pitcher back and shut the fridge, taking a long sip of the sweet, tasty liquid. he went back on what techno said and frowned.

why was wilbur so insecure of his wonderful music? theres nothing for him to be insecure of in that department. well, thats what tommy believes.

when tommy reentered the living room, the one he was just questioning in his little mind palace was stood beside the couch where his other family members sat.

he sipped his tes once more and glanced at wilbur, who was watching the show that was on the TV, which phil partially cared about, and techno was practically spaced out.

"hey, wilby." tommy mumbled, tail waving behind him, remembering the olders lovely song that he only heard 5 seconds of.

wilbur smiled and waved, brown eyes crinkling warmly. "hello, tommy. are you drinking tea?" he asked. the younger nodded and promptly took a gulp.

wilbur nodded. "is there more?" he asked, obviously wanting some. tommy nodded, staying silent. the older smiled in response to the boys silence, and quickly walked past him.

tommy eyed phil and the dad smiled quickly before looking back at the boring tv show they were 'watching'.

tommy shrugged and walked into the kitchen, seeing wilbur put the nearly empty pitcher back in the refrigerator.

when wilbur turned around, he jumped, almost spilling his drink. "oh! tommy, at least make louder footsteps, jesus!" he exclaimed, dramatically puttinf his unused hand over his heart.

tommy rolled his eyes and walked closer to his older brother. "why are you insecure about your music?" wilbur was partially stunned. he wasnt expecting tommy to just bring it up.

wilbur swallowed a small sip of tea and sighed. "i just think im not very good at it, i guess." he answered. tommy scoffed and his tail twitched upwards.

"well, youre fucking wrong, buddy. your music is amazing, even if i only heard like, what? 5 seconds of it. its still great, and i wanna hear more, so you better start singing more, music box!" tommy yelled, being genuine about his words.

the older stood still, silent. then, he smiled and nodded. "okay, idiot. i will." he answered, patting tommy on the head, ruffling his hair.