flower boy

Requested by starbyMC

If you dont wanna read about schlatt, skip this chapter

Wilbur befriends a ram lol but hes also part moobloom because i said so

+×+×+×+×+×+×+×+×

The sun reflected into Wilbur's spherical glasses, forcing him to squint. He groaned to himself. The grass he'd been walking in was up to his knees now, and he had stopped caring a while ago.

There were a bunch of flowers scattered around, none the same color as the next. He picked a couple, just enough for a flower crown, and wondered if he could make a basket with how tall the grass was.

After multiple tries, all coming out the same way, he gave up and dropped the grass, keeping the flowers in his pockets. He walked around for hours, not caring that he would definitely have to leave soon if he wanted to avoid a worried family.

He saw a spot, sun shining perfectly onto it, flowers surrounding a patch of tall grass. He looked up at the sky, then around him, and walked over to it. He sat, carefully pulling the gently picked flowers from out of his pockets, and looked at them.

He was tired, he knew, especially after walking around aimlessly for what, four hours? He didn't keep track of time. He slowly winded and spiraled the stems of the flowers together, eventually creating a fully functional crown made for the top of his head.

As he adorned it, he heard footsteps behind him. He quickly turned around, heart beating a bit too fast, and met eyes with a young moobloom, around his age. He also wore a flower crown, though the moobloom had made it only out of dandelions.

They stayed like that for a while before the moobloom slowly moved forward, towards Wilbur. He swallowed dryly, feeling a bit awkward at how he was caught sitting in a flower field, a multi-colored floral halo sat upon his hair.

The other only sat across from him, looking down at the grass. Then, he looked up again, at Wilbur. "My name's Schlatt. What 'bout you?" Wilbur jumped in his spot, obviously surprised at his voice.

"Oh, uh, I'm Wilbur," he responded, pushing his glasses up bridge of his nose. Schlatt grinned at him, laughing. Wilbur looked at him again, confused, and also a bit embarrassed. Did he look silly?

"Sorry, sorry. It's just, I've never seen someone make a rainbow-ish flower crown. It's cool." Schlatt said, giggles dying down. Wilbur felt his face heat up, even more embarrassed. He was just complimenting, he wasn't gonna jump at me, he thought, stupidly.

They sat in a slightly uncomfortable silence, and they both shifted a bit. They stared at everything else besides each other, and soon enough, the sun had set. Wilbur cursed under his breath.

"Uh, sorry, but I have to go. My family's gonna kill me if I stay out any later." Schlatt's ear flicked once, and he nodded, standing. He politely helped Wilbur up, and they waved each other goodbye. Wilbur turned away and started walking, and then Schlatt abruptly stopped him.

"Wanna meet up tomorrow? Same time, same place?" He asked, face glowing in the moonlight. Wilbur turned to look at him, and nodded. They smiled at each other and finally parted.

Wilbur grinned, skipping home with a tune slipping from his mind to his lips.